Thread: Timing is everything

Default Timing is everything

Luca GN made that announcement several (I am REALLY optimist) people quit the game just "preemptively". They did not even wait to know if the merge will be done or not.

And even now on our channels people are in revolt and announcing they'll quit if a merge will go live.

In the end, one server will more than contain all those that will remain.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Kita

Default Re: Timing is everything

If this is what needed to reducecosts and keep the game alive and maybe even improve game contents and events... Hell yeah!

but imo, do this only if its really needed!!!

Oops this post was to go in another thread.
    Seems like I am still not very good at using these forums. [:S]

I miss having a "reply" button somewhere easy to find and that made all by itself.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

hehe I did the same thing. [H]

Lockwood

I don't get that, and maybe I'm the exception rather than the rule, but I'm enjoying the game much more post-merge. But to each his own.

And yes, the button structure is a little wierd

...if this is what is needed to get peoples plot's in order, go for it. But do it fast. Also, the lag-issues seen after the major update needs to be sorted out...

- other than that, I wouldn't mind having all us EU players in the same world...

- There's more than enough plots to go around, so I don't see the big drama in it...

We have the same issue at horizonsempire.de as I told Luca already. Patience of player with GN is extremly thin now and many people wait for the plots to be back only atm. Several people cancelled there account just because they can't stand the back and forward anymore and others say they will so too when the merge happens. Several of that are crafter and are in no way interested to wait longer for the plots to be back. Some very long term player/customer are now pissed off so I don't believe the merge in general would lower the end costs much since people this time leave in herds.
    Of course quite some damage has been done already with the announcement of the probable merge ...

Horizons Empire

Currently it looks like, as many people perhaps, the half of the people per shard will quit, if they merge.

So GN think about it.
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Qwyn

I hate to say it but after seeing the Hype about this game, {Most of them either overblown versions of the real thing or "Not Implemented Yet"} I talkedfour of my long term friends to leave our old game of 7+ years to come to Istaria. Due to many reasons, all from the game side, I am the oly one left. As for friends I made in game, sadly, all too many are missing. Listening to others, many more will be gone soon. The focus of the game needs to shift to keeping paying customers and attracting new. Plots are overblown! Speed it up, get it over with and get on to making the world a palce to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyn
    I hate to say it but after seeing the Hype about this game, {Most of them either overblown versions of the real thing or "Not Implemented Yet"} I talkedfour of my long term friends to leave our old game of 7+ years to come to Istaria. Due to many reasons, all from the game side, I am the oly one left. As for friends I made in game, sadly, all too many are missing. Listening to others, many more will be gone soon. The focus of the game needs to shift to keeping paying customers and attracting new. Plots are overblown! Speed it up, get it over with and get on to making the world a palce to play.
    Had to requote this simply to read it. Original font way too small ...
    Felice TINK 100 / GTH 96 / MIN 81 / Adv gimp
    Shredder T4 Spellcrafter
    Wind Server

I know that feeling all to well as I am having the same one. It is depresing when so many leave. This same thing happened back in May. I shall find out shortly about getting one of the plots I bid on in a plot area. If not then I will be thinking hard about this as I have started to enjoy SWG now.

"I hate to say it but after seeing the Hype about this game, {Most of them either overblown versions of the real thing or "Not Implemented Yet"} I talkedfour of my long term friends to leave our old game of 7+ years to come to Istaria. Due to many reasons, all from the game side, I am the oly one left. As for friends I made in game, sadly, all too many are missing. Listening to others, many more will be gone soon. The focus of the game needs to shift to keeping paying customers and attracting new. Plots are overblown! Speed it up, get it over with and get on to making the world a palce to play."

I know that feeling all to well as I am having the same one. It is depresing when so many leave. This same thing happened back in May. I shall find out shortly about getting one of the plots I bid on in a plot area. If not then I will be thinking hard about this as I have started to enjoy SWG now.

Due to many reasons, all from the game side, I am the only one left. As for friends I made in game, sadly, all too many are missing.

same here.

Thread Information