Thread: Tech-Kits Revisited

Default Tech-Kits Revisited

Question about two of the Dragon Tech-Kits, specifically Battle-Forged and Sharper (yeah, done a forum search, and THINK I have it figured out...just wanna be sure! )

If I'm reading things correctly, Battle-Forged gives me a +10 on damage, and a +50 to Tooth/Claw, which would also translate to a slight (dunno how much) increase in damage...it does NOT affect the chance to hit.

Sharper, on the other hand, has the same +10 to damage, but also adds a +50 to attack skill, giving a better chance to hit.

Is this basic summary correct, please?

Now, to the possibly contentious bit...what *specific* attacks or types of attack do these Techs work on? I would assume that both would affect the basic claw-swipe you get by hitting the "Attack" button...but, do either/both also affect any of the other "claw" attacks (GR, SS, etc.)?

The other Tech-Kits are (at least, I think they are...lol) fairly self-explanatory in doing very specific things....but, these two are a bit more open to interpretation, and, I'd really like to know what - exactly - each does.

Thanks very much for any info!
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Tech-Kits Revisited

I haven't used tech kits in a long while on my claws, but I'm guessing your probably correct. Attack skill is your chance to hit on any and every attack. Adding damage would effect all of your attacks I'm guessing, due to the fact it never mentions "Ravage only" or "Gold Rage only". TnC is TnC. ;P

I haven't used BF in a while though, and never used Sharper past T1... best thing to do might be to make 2 claws with one of each and see which you prefer.
    Last edited by Racktor; September 15th, 2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Durn typo

Here's my run-down/understanding of these create-able tech kits (T5 stats):

Claw techs:
    Battle Forge, +10 DPS, +50 T&C
    Deadly, +15 DPS
    Rending, 15% chance for 30 sec bleed dot
    Sharper, +10 DPS, +50 to-hit

Scale kits:
    Razor Teeth (head), +10 DPS, +50 to-hit
    Piercing winds (wings), +25 DPS, -25% recycle ranged

Although Deadly, Razor teeth and Piercing winds suggest they are aimed at specific abilities, I (we're?) pretty sure they are always in effect.

Hope that helps...
    Happy huntings, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

hoo-boy....out of curiosity, Hallucin8, is that idea based on testing, or, just a feeling? And, has there been any sort of official comment on this, or, any other part of my questions?

I'm using the Deadly Tech-Kit on my current claw, and really hadn't thought about seeing if it "appeared" to be doing its stuff on every attack...hmmmm...

Perhaps, as you've suggested, Raktor, a set of each and then some sort of testing....anyone have a thought about HOW to test this??

According to my tests Deadly appears to be the most effective, but the margins are pretty slim.
    I'm using it all the time in a crafted claw with 2 more sockets and swapping to Demon Claw only in epic hunts (if I not forget to swap it, that is )
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Morinare_Blackclaw View Post
    If I'm reading things correctly, Battle-Forged gives me a +10 on damage, and a +50 to Tooth/Claw, which would also translate to a slight (dunno how much) increase in damage...it does NOT affect the chance to hit.
    Have a look at this.

http://istaria-guides.com/dragon/adv...bat-calculated

So it looks like Battle Forged via the Tooth and Claw bonus would affect both damage and chance to hit, but provide less of a chance to hit bonus than Sharper.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Claw techs:
    Battle Forge, +10 DPS, +50 T&C
    Deadly, +15 DPS
    Rending, 15% chance for 30 sec bleed dot
    Sharper, +10 DPS, +50 to-hit

Scale kits:
    Razor Teeth (head), +10 DPS, +50 to-hit
    Piercing winds (wings), +25 DPS, -25% recycle ranged

Although Deadly, Razor teeth and Piercing winds suggest they are aimed at specific abilities, I (we're?) pretty sure they are always in effect.
    I noticed that with piercing winds recently and bug-repped it. The gist of the response seemed to be that they are working as intended so the descriptions must be wrong.

Interesting...thanks, both for the information, as well as that website (which was unknown to me!)....

Thread Information