Welcome one and all to my latest rant on everyone's favorite topic- me versus computer. Now before you tech savy people start flinging advice my way ( not that I don't appreciate it) you may want to pass for now since I'v already decided I am going to bring it to a professional to have it looked at. I'm mostly doing this to rant and gain maybe some emotional support while I wait till morning comes. Till then enjoy.

I hate computers. Just when I start believing I can fix any problem that comes my way, my pc flings something at me that I have never had to deal with before-the blue screen of DEATH. But I am getting ahead of myself, instead lets go back a few minutes before this all occured.

So while playing Skyrim for 2 hours ( yes I am cheating on you Istaria for a game that kills dragons! I should be ashamed!) I get this really weird and bad graphics glitch that turns some of the textures an ultraviolet color and locks the computer up. I have no choice with the frozen screen but to push the power button and reboot. The computer proceeds to turn back on, and it looks like it is okay so I go to load my game and continue where I left off. After a min "playing", I get the same graphics glitch and freeze.

So being the dummy that I am, I decide that maybe the problem is being caused by an outdated graphics driver. Sure enough I check and there is an update available for me. One download and reboot later and everything appears to still be working. Fire up the game and before I can even get pass that logo screen the graphics glitch and the computer freezes. Damnit!

At this point I figure I'd try lowering the settings...but before I can even test this theory, I notice something horrible has occured. I am now getting weird graphical glitches on the screen as soon as the computer starts up. Course I don't get too far, because before my desktop can even load, I get hit smacked with the bsod.

Looking at it, it reads that the problem is being caused by nv4_disp creating an infinite loop. According to google, it is my Nvidia graphics card. So I attempt to fix it by following the top suggestions and uninstall and reinstall the driver. During the whole process I still see the weird graphical glitch of green dots and swiggles across my screen even while in safe mode. But even after installing the latest driver and then a slightly older one that I know was working before, the dots and swiggles remain. Siiiiiiiiiigh. However, I did notice that while I had the drivers uninstalled I was able to atleast reboot the computer without getting a blue screen.

So since it seems that the driver isn't the cause of the problem, I' ve come to the scary realization that it might be a hardware issue. And as little as I know about software, I know even less about hardware! So hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to convice my dad to take it to the repair shop and figure out what actually is causing the problem. I don't want to touch it myself because not only do I have 0 idea on what to look for, I 'm afraid I might make it worse with some static electricity.

For those who want to know, I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 Gt graphics card.

So yea...... I hate you computer and I always will >