Thread: Nature Spells for Knight Of Creation

Default Nature Spells for Knight Of Creation

Hey All!

Just a suggestion for a small tweak that'd be nice if it could go into effect. Is it possible that Knights Of Creation could get to use nature spells? This would be awesome, and it makes sense as well.

KnoC's worship Istaria, the Goddess who created the world. It makes perfect sense that they'd be able to channel the magic of nature (whc their god created in the first place!)

C'mon, reavers and palidens can both use nature magic, but KnoC's can't!?

Sure I'm a bit biased being a Druid and wanting to go into KnoC, if I did I'd loose all my Druid spells... But it also makes perfect sense to allow them access to this spell type.

Comments?
    -Quiiliitiila

Default Re: Nature Spells for Knight Of Creation

Sorry Quiil gotta disagree KnoC's get a full access to arcane which neither of the other two get.. and istaria unless i am mistaken isn't the nature goddess

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Correct, Alyssa is the goddess of Nature.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

:P I should read up on the gods,

So how come KnoC can use some nature spells but not all? I know for a fact they get lighning bolt...

Or perhaps a happy medium, give them only up to the second highest tier spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila View Post
    :P I should read up on the gods,

So how come KnoC can use some nature spells but not all? I know for a fact they get lighning bolt...

Or perhaps a happy medium, give them only up to the second highest tier spells?
    All Adventure Schools can use any bolt for which they have skill, subject to current school level.

Knossos

Classes get access to either the arcane spells, or the nature spells, not both. KNOC gets access to the arcane spells, therefore it doesn't get nature. Likewise PLDN and RVR get access to nature spells thus don't get arcane. And as Knossos said, all classes get access to all the bolt spells (i.e. lightning bolt, flame bolt, etc) for which they meet the requirements.

Knoc, battlemage, wizard, sorc, conj, mage, chaos warrior, flame disciple and ice disciple are you schools that can have access to all mage type (arcane spells) these classes can have the higher spell offence

the other schools are more mystic type, nature, spirit and blight being their main forms of offence spells. mainly being among healing classes with proper multiclass work

Best way is to let you make a fully informed choice and rather than type a wall of text.

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Schools

Hope this helps.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila View Post
    There's two spell flavors: Arcane and Mystic.
    • Battle Mages, Chaos Warriors, Conjurers, Flame Disciples, Ice Disciples, Knights of Creation, Mages, Sorcerors, and Wizards are considered Arcane classes. They are eligible to learn/use (almost) every Energy, Flame, Ice, Mind, and Summoning spell.
    • Blood Mages, Clerics, Druids, Guardians, Healers, Paladins, Rangers, Reavers, Shamans, Spirit Disciples, Spiritists, and Storm Disciples are considered Mystic classes. They are eligible to learn/use (almost) every Augmentation, Blight, Life, Nature, and Spirit spell.

However! There's another consideration: how specialized a spell is. To simplify a bit*, a specialized spell can only be used by someone who is currently a class belonging to that flavor; conversely, an unspecialized spell can be used by ANYONE who has the prior training to learn it, regardless of their current class.
    • Unspecialized spells tend to do simple things and/or be easily used. This includes spells like (Improved) Bolts, Wards & Resists, Gifts, and (Improved) Revitalize.
    • Specialized spells are usually more potent or exotic. These are spells like Thunder Cloud, Blinding Crystals, Resurrection, Flame Spear, and Self-Sacrificium.

There's unspecialized spells from every sphere, so with some multiclassing you could easily have a character who casts many spells not of their native flavor. However, they can't cast the best and most interesting spells from outside their flavor... for the same reason you don't get to keep every single ability you get from multiclassing. The idea is you have to pick and choose to achieve uberpedhood, not get it just for showing up!

That, and you'll quickly find you already don't have enough hotkeys, no need to make it worse.

Bonus: the following classes are considered Martial and can't learn specialized spells: Berserkers, Crossbowmen, Elemental Archers, Monks, Scouts, Spearmen, and Warriors.
    *While compiling spell class lists for my own purposes I found there were seven different groupings: Unspecialized, Arcane, Mystic, unbloodied Mystic, Spiritual, Healing, and Blood Mage-only. Those last four are less-inclusive variations of the normal Mystic grouping. Here's a diagram for the curious.

Thread Information