Thread: Feedback: Spawn / Despawn effects

Default Feedback: Spawn / Despawn effects

Simple suggestion, although I am not sure what kind of effort would have to be put forth to make this happen.

Whenever an object (resource node, mob, player) spawns or despawns, let this be done with some sort of animation or effect. As it is now, whenever these spawn, they simply appear or "pop" into existence. It's just my opinion, but if there were some sort of transition between these two states, I think it would be a nice touch; it take away a bit of the artificial feel the system has now.

The animations / effects needn't be overly exotic. Zombies, when they spawn, don't necessarily have to claw their way out of the ground. They could fade into existence, or perhaps appear out of a Blight ring (rather like the Hellspawn who teleport into existence in Doom3). Despawning could be handled in much the same way.

Just an idea, though, and I am certain there are other things that should be done first.

One thing done in WoW is to have them fade into existence...while that is alright, I much prefer the idea of a golem spawning being a pile of material pushing out of the ground, or the WA porting in...Maybe sometime in the future...
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Spawn animations are not currently possible.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Spawn animations are not currently possible.
    Does this also include a particle effect or fade-in effect?

not to mention that the spawn animation would be over by the time mobs load :P

Thread Information