Thread: Ethereal Armor Ability Quests

Default Ethereal Armor Ability Quests

I know, I know. Dragons already have 50 million ability quests as it is, but it was just something I was thinking about when discussing armor vs ethereal armor in game with a few players. Since hardened scales quests grants the player with a boost to armor, why not a similar quest type of ability quest that grants a boost of similar value to ethereal armor as well? We can't forge ethereal based armor (which will have a higher armor value than just adding the ethereal armor tech). Nothing to make it omg uber powerful or anything, just a little increase. Since its not adding a new school or anything, just essentially a new npc with quests, or maybe just make Zebegina (i think that's the hardened scales trainer anyway) the giver of both quests to avoid having to create another npc.

Default Re: Ethereal Armor Ability Quests

Best chance of getting it in game might be to design a quest and submit it for consideration...? Take a look at: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17887

It depends which server board I think is which.

We do have the Armor of the Watcher ability that adds +100 ethereal armor for about 15 minutes or so. It's not passive, though.

why would you need a boost. no one in game can do what you're saying. and there are several ethereal armor tech kits available from quests. can add via ethereal armor tech, and the various ethereal armor tech kits.

there's at least 2 tech kits that give +100 ethereal, and 1 that adds 25. + armor of the watcher ability.
    Last edited by Zorbin; October 12th, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

There already is stuff to boost ethereal armour. armour of the watcher should serve adequatly, giving the same amout of boost to etheral amour that hardened scales X gives to armour, whats more you can get armour of the watcher around lv20-30.
    Then at lv100 theres various crystals that give boosts. take the saris stone of friendship, gives +250 ethereal armour, thats waaay more than any scale, even if an ethereal armour base ever was brought into the game, can possibly get. so already thats +350 ethereal amour. Then we have various ethereal armour techs, so its really quite easy to build up ethereal amour, without needing a mastery. No matter how much i like the idea of a mastery (mainly for the xp it would give would make it quicker for me to raise my dragons) i doubt it will happen anytime soon. Whats even more is that you only need ethereal armour when fighting very few things

I'm aware of the abilities, the saris stone of friendship xtal n techs n what not - it was just something i thought of since there aren't any forms to create equipment with ethereal armor as its base stat. You get +50 armor from a t5 armor based scale (dunno what it is for ped equipment) in addition to the +25 it naturally is regardless of type. However, if you tech armor onto another scale type, you only get +20 armor (for t5) instead of 50 - my point being ethereal armor is not something you'll be able to get as high as regular armor. Regarding armor of the watcher, some spells also boost armor - such as True Grit (V boosts armor by +130) and various ped buffs; I don't know any spells that boost ethereal armor. I do also realize that its not something that's not gonna be nearly as used as much since only certain mobs deal that type of damage and so it doesn't Need to be as high as regular armor, but i was just suggesting another way to obtain a passive boost for it. Me personally just though it was a little funny having an ancient dragon that could survive being hit by Fafnir's scorch, but still take 100 dmg or so from the lv30 azulars in helian's tomb.

The thing is theres very few abilities that have ethereal attack capability and the whole purpose of the attacks is to make it particularly powerful what your suggesting would then reduce the overall effect ethereal attacks currently have. I have both Peds and Dragons, I don't feel theres a need for any further protections from ethereal attacks than those that already exist within game.

Thread Information