Thread: T2 Comp for Fishing/Nature 2 seems a bit unfair...

Default T2 Comp for Fishing/Nature 2 seems a bit unfair...

The comp 'Brownback Matron Tail' needed for the techs 'Craft: Fishing 2' and 'Defense: Nature Resistance 2' tech seems a bit extreme and unfair to acquire.

First of all, I only find one Brownback Matron in Istaria at any given time (SE of Heart pad 222/203). Its kind of like the 'Brownback Pack Leader' that spawns one at a time near King's Cross (but thats not needed for a comp and only 2-3 mobs assist). The worst part is when you attack the Brownback Matron (lvl 35), eight Brownback Cubs (lvl 32) come and assist the Matron. So you have to fight 9 mobs at a time to acquire a chance for a drop of a t2 comp.

Luckily I'm lvl 85 and they miss. But my level 38 dragon didn't have the slightest chance in the world to try for a chance to get this comp to drop. I guess if I could pull all 8 cubs (individually), before trying the Matron, that could work. But seems extreme measures for a comp.

Is this intended or can the chance to drop be adjusted? Or am I just simply missing another spot with many 'Brownback Matron' ?

Default Re: T2 Comp for Fishing/Nature 2 seems a bit unfair...

Oh and when I posted this last night. I stayed about 20 mins, before I retired, and didn't get a tail to drop. Got on today and it took about 1.5 hours to get the two comps for the tech; since the matron only spawns every 5 mins or so...

Ick, reminds me of those chieftain molars back when they were required for Accuracy V and Deadly V. And I suspect we are going to see a similar response to this problem as well.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

For the next patch to Blight Brownback Matron tail has been replaced with Aviculara Scavenger Silk on the Fishing 2 tech and with Enraged Elm Treant Mettle on the Nature Resistance 2 tech.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information