Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Wiki Update Project

Default Re: The Wiki Update Project

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Suggestion for creature pages:

Maybe in the little info box where it says health, level, etc we can also put in 'aggro range'? I'd go ahead and do it but want to know what people think. Just realised I could actually measure that by selecting a mob, standing meter by meter closer and seeing how far away it is when aggro'ed.

Also thanks for the anonymous updaters who add stuff to the wiki basically every day
    Problem with aggro range: It changes depending on level. Generally it's around 20/30m-0m. With some mobs having a higher max aggro range.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Aah I didn't realise that. I thought it was constant among mobs.

Maybe something more useful then would be 2 extra rows of info like this:

Aggressive: Yes/no
    Social: Yes/no

Though I don't know how it'd look within the template

Edit: By the template btw I mean this template: http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Granite_Golem The info box on the side.

It looks large, clunky, and disorganized as is, though.. wish there was a way to make it look a bit more petty. I may end up leaving it alone in the end.

Edit 2: Something I really like is how the Terraria Wiki does their info boxes, but I don't want to shove in a big change of an infobox like that without consent. Nor do i actually know how to do it at this moment.

Example: http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Wyvern
    Last edited by Racktor; May 4th, 2014 at 03:04 PM.

By social I meant, "if you come <X> close it will glomp you". The meaning of social is quite unclear - does it mean everything will glomp me if I poke one? Is it similar to the way Valkor has adds and if I poke him, all of em nearby want hugs too? There's probably a better word for it, but my brain refuses to think of it.

Yeah I was thinking that too. I can't figure out any other word but maybe "Grouping" or "Mobbing" or something along those lines works better? I know most players say social, though.

I think of a mob coming within X distance and deciding to attack you because it notices you as "aggro" (aggressive). The aggessive note should list the X distance.

I think of "social" as being outside a mob's "aggro" range, pulling one with a ranged attack, and having a bunch of them come after you instead of just one. They fight as a group. The social note should say Yes/No.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I think of "social" as being outside a mob's "aggro" range, pulling one with a ranged attack, and having a bunch of them come after you instead of just one. They fight as a group. The social note should say Yes/No.
    *never knew the meaning of scoial was so unclear*
    As i define it, a social mob is that which has a range for helping other mobs of it's own kind. Differnet to aggro range. I can aggro one wolf by standing there, but attacking it then aggros the rest.
    Range also being important. And another annoying thing. Some mobs seem to have a huge social aggro.

I understand social as being 'mobs will help other mobs if you attack one', just to add that in there.

But the problem with measuring 'social range' would be that you would have to know how far apart the mobs are before you pull/attack them and that's nearly impossible to know without a lot of roughly done measurements and guesswork.

Kida

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Edit: By the template btw I mean this template: http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Granite_Golem The info box on the side.

It looks large, clunky, and disorganized as is, though.. wish there was a way to make it look a bit more petty. I may end up leaving it alone in the end.

Edit 2: Something I really like is how the Terraria Wiki does their info boxes, but I don't want to shove in a big change of an infobox like that without consent. Nor do i actually know how to do it at this moment.

Example: http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Wyvern
    Ahh yes, the Infobox. The bane of my existence at the moment. I tried to improve the visual look of the box for our wiki as best I could, but for some reason, the Infobox templates on the Istaria Wiki don't function as the Terraria Wiki's templates do. To give an example, this is what their default infobox template looks like. On the Istaria Wiki, the same exact code gives this, and I can't seem to pinpoint what is different within the code. It's utterly frustrating.

I'm definitely going to try and figure out a better solution for displaying infobox information, when I finally have more time and patience on my hands to return to wiki editing. :x

If I ever use the wiki and find an article that needs or is missing certain information (like what I notice with a lot of recipes/formulas), I'll see whether I can add bits

Thanks Meepsa. ^^

And Kida, yeah, that's basically why I haven't touched it much - the coding makes little to no sense with the differences so I leave it be for now.

Edit: Nevermind, I've been spelling the word 'Sslik' wrong for the past two years it seems...><

Thread Information