Thread: Dispel and Cleanse/Detoxfiy

Default Dispel and Cleanse/Detoxfiy

A couple suggestions here:

1) Can we please have the Dispel Spell work against the Harden Shell ability?
    This is, arguably, the most annoying ability mobs have. For some mobs it makes them impossible or nearly impossible to damage for the duration of the ability. At least for those without access to spirit damage (i.e dragons or bipeds without the spirit skill).

2) The Cleanse/Detoxify priority list needs to be changed.
    as it stands now cleanse/detox seems to remove the most pointless debuffs first rather than the most debilitating. Here are some examples: Fighting Undead or Maggots in the Doom i'll get hit with Entangling Entrails, Languish, Seeping Blight etc. I hit Detox, it removes Entangling Entrails. I wait forever for my detox to recycle (Languish having increased that time by 60%). In the meantime i get hit with Entangling Entrails again, and Withered State. I hit detox and it removes Entangling Entrails again. I wait another eternity (Languish still in effect, this time i don't get hit by Entangling Entrails) hit detox and it removes Seeping Blight. Now Languish finally wears off, but i get hit with it again, and well as with Entangling Entrails, i hit Detox again, and surprise surprise, it removes Entangling Entrails again.
    I can have a list of 7 debuffs on me, and the first one it ALWAYS wants to remove is entangling Entrails which is, by the way, the one i'm the LEAST concerned with removing. If i'm in a battle the FIRST debuff i'm gonna want to get rid of is anything that slows down my attack and/or recycle time (i.e. Languish), followed by Damage-over-time effects, then stat debufs.
    I'm assuming Entangling Entrails (a simple Speed Debuff) got pushed to the top of the list when it was added to the list. As it stands now, it's the least debilitating of any debuff and should have it's priority assigned accordingly.

3) The Crystal of Grizelians Blessing should be useable by all races (right now it's only useable by Dragons, and it's Attuned) I got this as a reward for the quest: Kill the Commander from Wintheria in Chiconis, this is the end part of the quest series: Chiconis-Scout the Battlefield which I believe started in Dalimond. If this quest is available to bipeds it should have a reward bipeds can actually use. Either the crystal should be useable by all races, it should not be attuned so it can be traded to a dragon that can actually use it, or Bipeds taking the quest should receive a different reward that they can actually use.

Sorry for the long post, i've been sitting on these issues for a while now.

Default Re: Dispel and Cleanse/Detoxfiy

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post

This is, arguably, the most annoying ability mobs have. For some mobs it makes them impossible or nearly impossible to damage for the duration of the ability. At least for those without access to spirit damage (i.e dragons or bipeds without the spirit skill)...
    I agree here 100%. When fighting beetles recently i had to resort to the following rotation:
    Dragons Reach
    Snarl
    Gold Rage (Otherwise it will be a loooong battle)
    (Enemy uses Harden Shell at this point)
    BoF
    Tail Whip
    BoF
    Tail Whip
    and so on until the buff ends.
    Shuran (Chaos) - 100/84/15 Drake

I would understand bipeds without access to spirit spells, but dragons have no excuse to complain about harden shell.
    The trick is to one shot the harden shell abuser BEFORE it gets to the point of actually using it.

As someone who plays mostly solo I find more, MORE, M O R E annoying the "evade" buff that mylocs and murk crabs get. It makes them almost imprevious to my attacks since they dodge almost everything.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    1) Can we please have the Dispel Spell work against the Harden Shell ability?
    This is, arguably, the most annoying ability mobs have. For some mobs it makes them impossible or nearly impossible to damage for the duration of the ability. At least for those without access to spirit damage (i.e dragons or bipeds without the spirit skill).
    Not my call to make these sorts of changes, though I do offer one piece of advice for this situation: nail the mob with a DoT, mez or stun, and kite. You have about 30 seconds to run around in circles and heal yourself. Might as well make the best of the situation and go back in with your attacks recycled and health replenished.

I've done it, and the technique is surprisingly effective, albeit time consuming. Not the thing to do if you need to log out in a few minutes.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

#1 This and other mentioned monster abilities, such as evasion that Northwind mentioned, or the Phase that some Ghosts use, is just part of the game and is there to encourage you to utilize different strategies against different monsters.

#2 The choice of which to remove is a very subjective manner as one player would expect it to work in one way and another player in an entirely different way.

#3 Looking back we realized this was most likely a bug, the crystal should have been usable by either Dragon or Biped and so with the next patch that restriction will be removed.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

#1 does this spell not fall under the category of useful combat tactics? ok, so dispel will work against some abilities, but not the ones that would make it a truly useful spell. Accepted. Deleting the spell from my book.

#2 This was actually the issue that's been bothering me the most. Could it at least be set to remove the debuff that's been in effect the longest? i.e. whatever you were hit with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Even that would be more fair than the current way it seems to work. Not sure if that's possible, just asking.

#3 Thank you for this fix.

I sign what Northwind, Steelclaw and Amon have said.

North- we can talk about the buffs, Doom creatures have.
    No prob at all for me here.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Regarding 2) Let me share the way I deal with debuffs on my biped - a battle mage so an arcanist with no access to detox or purify or cure poison or the rest of the goodies a mystic has access.
    I have teched the 2 heals with cleanse, heal recycle and heal increase so i have them ready to heal and cleanse every 20s.
    Since that didn't seem fast enough, I also teched Raise Health (which is a Life spell) with Cleanse 3.
    Now that is on a much faster recycle timer (5s iirc) so i have a 3rd Cleanse spell. Which is actually the one I use most.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thread Information