Thread: Great Planning?, where is the execution?

Default Great Planning?, where is the execution?

Small Rant that seems to make up a large part of the game at the moment and complaints I hear on chat.

Why is the player based asked so many questions on classes and game play when so little actually happens on the implementation front.

Dragon Broken items, should have been released at the same time as biped broken items. Were spoken about as being planned April 2011, have now been on blight for 2 months - When can we expect to see this on live? Considering it is going on for 2 years?

Numerous posts on talk to the team on classes that are over a year old and new questions about different classes and gameplay, but no changes.

There was talk about Dragon Crystalshaping, how many years away is this?

Generally since I have came back I've found that nothing much seems to happen because nothing much seems to be planned eg. What are we going to do?, Who is going to do it? and when are we going to do it by? Please correct me if I am wrong....... and is anyone accountable to anyone else and actually responsible for making sure stuff happens?

Default Re: Great Planning?, where is the execution?

Quote Originally Posted by Izzeriek View Post
    Small Rant that seems to make up a large part of the game at the moment and complaints I hear on chat.

Why is the player based asked so many questions on classes and game play when so little actually happens on the implementation front.

Dragon Broken items, should have been released at the same time as biped broken items. Were spoken about as being planned April 2011, have now been on blight for 2 months - When can we expect to see this on live? Considering it is going on for 2 years?

Numerous posts on talk to the team on classes that are over a year old and new questions about different classes and gameplay, but no changes.

There was talk about Dragon Crystalshaping, how many years away is this?

Generally since I have came back I've found that nothing much seems to happen because nothing much seems to be planned eg. What are we going to do?, Who is going to do it? and when are we going to do it by? Please correct me if I am wrong....... and is anyone accountable to anyone else and actually responsible for making sure stuff happens?
    Planning and design work takes time, particularly when it comes to big changes such as Broken Items, Tier revamps and new schools. In addition sometimes we're simply trying to get feedback on player perspectives about certain aspects of the game to help us determine what the player-base might like to see worked on in between things we feel should be worked on. Threads on Rift Loot, Healer and Vendor Equipment can be considered in this type of category. We're fishing for player feedback while working on formulating potential solutions to the issue, even before any true design work has been started.

Crystalshaper has been desired for years, but other priorities were higher (such as tier revamps) and the time requirements also had to coincide. For example, our initial desire was actually to do the Tier3 Revamp instead of Crystalshaper this year, but that Revamp is going to require significant design work and has required a significant amount of on-going artwork. Neither of which could have been completed in sufficient time this year.

Dragon Broken Items were indeed originally planned to be released alongside the Biped Broken Items, but during the design process we ran into complications that took significant time to resolve. As such their implementation was delayed until we had worked them out, while Biped Items were released because we didn't want to hold them back.

I understand that you want new things and you want discussed things fast, but they get completed as quickly as we can get them completed given the size of the team, the requirements of the project, and any mitigating factors that might crop up (such as major bugs or other needs).

That said, I want to thank you for playing Istaria and for your enthusiasm for the game and for taking the time to post your feelings about the issues.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    For example, our initial desire was actually to do the Tier3 Revamp instead of Crystalshaper this year, but that Revamp is going to require significant design work and has required a significant amount of on-going artwork. Neither of which could have been completed in sufficient time this year.
    Are you going to (one day) revamp all the tiers and implement loads and loads of quests as you revamp each of them? *Hopes*
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Are you going to (one day) revamp all the tiers and implement loads and loads of quests as you revamp each of them? *Hopes*
    That is the plan. We've already done this for T1, T2 and T5 with loads of quests at each tier.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Hi guys are we talking about biped quests also??? if you are then that would be awesome, breaks up 100 levels of grinding!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalious View Post
    Hi guys are we talking about biped quests also??? if you are then that would be awesome, breaks up 100 levels of grinding!
    T1, T2 and T5 revamps included hundreds of new quests for Bipeds and Dragons and we've added more over time such as Attios' Stand, the Seasonal Events, Trandalar, etc.

Thread Information