Thread: resource meter

Default resource meter

Mobs have health meters. How about resource meter that tells how much is left in node? JAT
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Default Re: resource meter

Hmm.

What if you're out to gather and you see a node that only have about 1/3 left, will you gather it? I would not, i would go for a full node. And in the end, there are only half nodes left.

But if there is a "life time" to the nodes ect, i wote yes for it
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Interested to learn more about the idea would this meter be like resource health 500/500 (Meaning at optimal digging there is 500 slabs chunks of ore essence and or gems ? )
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

this would be AWSOME
    had there not be...one..huge...flaw
    at lv1 i gather sandstone at 1 slab per gather. in total around 25 slabs maybe. at lv30 i gather around 150 slabs. same sort of node, different amounts gathered. Personally, i love the crafting system as it is.
    So, to sort out this problem, how about telling how many times you can gather before it depletes instead? that way, we still get those better in a teir gathering lots, and those at the bottom, gather, not so much. (gotta love them sloooooooooow grinds at the bottom of a teir ;p)

It depends which server board I think is which.

Maybe 1 health =/= 1 slab/essence/whatever - it could just be the amount of gather animations/"pulls" that your character does before it depletes. I.E. a motherlode would have 100 HP - you pull resources from it 100 times, and then it dies. However you could have gotten 1000 slabs or 50 - it just depends on how many times you dip and dig. If.. that makes sense.

I quite like this idea though!

Well if you could see how much was in a node it would help you select the right size node to fill your inv. I just thought it would be something interesting that may not be to hard to implement.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Thread Information