Thread: 4th Annual Festival of Ash

Default 4th Annual Festival of Ash

It's that time of year again! When the ash in Dralk gets heavier with cold air, and the rest of the world should be seeing snow, but unfortunately Istaria has perfect weather in some locations all year round ;p

Celebrating the coming of the new year, the Festival of Ash is a long standing tradition which includes two parades, storytellings, hatchling and adult races, the sharing of food, and most recently added, the hoard scramble - where everyone attempts to trade pieces of hoard to each other as quickly as possible. Other events may also be added this year, because of a significant change: The festival is no longer a day long.

Last time, we spent 5 hours on the festival and it was terribly draining, and not everyone got to participate. This time, we are going to have it all week, starting on Saturday the 29th and ending on Saturday the 5th of the new year. Each day, people can hold any of these events, and I will also be adding a few as well. Opening ceremonies will be on the 29th at...

Saturday, 29 December: 8 pm : Moscow
    Saturday, 29 December: 6 pm : Berlin
    Saturday 29 December: 5 pm : London
    Saturday, 29 December: noon : New York (EST)
    Saturday, 29 December: 11 am: Winnipeg (CST)
    Saturday, 29 December: 10 am : Phoenix (MST)
    Saturday, 29 December: 9 am : Los Angeles (PST)
    Saturday, 29 December: 7 am: Honolulu (HAST)
    Sunday, 30 December: 4 am : Sydney
    Sunday, 30 December: 2 am : Tokyo

(stealing from the ball, how shameful! ;p)

The opening day will consist of the Helian Parade, the Speaker of the Flame opening the festivities, and the hoard scramble. On Sunday at the same times, I will hold the official races, share food, and hold a storytelling. The week is free for anyone to celebrate the Festival as they choose. The final Saturday, the 5th of January, the closing ceremonies will be held at the same times listed above, which includes the Reunion Parade, a final storytelling, and the closing of the official celebration.

All activities will take place in Dralk. This year's Speaker of the Flame is Ausixen.

I hope to see you there!
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: 4th Annual Festival of Ash

Blah! I'd join but unfortunately I'll be in Florida visiting my sister at that time.

Default Re: 4th Annual Festival of Ash

Due to a low turnout at the times above, I am pushing all times back two hours (so 2pm EST, 7pm London, etc).
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Thread Information