Thread: Dung Fighter Title the First

Unhappy Dung Fighter Title the First

Hello there

I managed to kill 200 Dung Piles and when I got back to Delgarath to Dylan I was welcomed with:

[02/02/13 03:20:25] Dylan tells you, 'I can't quite believe that you actually did it. Very well then, Pharaxes. You shall now be known as the Dung Splattered. That's fitting, don't you think? I'm sure I could imagine a few other titles for you if you wanted to continue killing dung.'
    [02/02/13 03:20:25] You have received 1 Dung Splattered.
    You know... after fighting 200 Dung Piles, defending myself of the attacks of thousands of Maggots while doing so, taking down 32k to 37k health from each Dung Pile I was stunned about this reaction.

It makes me feel like "Woah.. you actually killed 200 Dung Piles? Why did you even do that? Nobody else would ever thought about trying so. Wait, let me give you a title that shows everyone you played in dung" (couldn't write the word I wanted to...)

Neither the title (which states "You've killed 200 dung piles. Your very being is permanently spattered with dung!") nor Dylans words make me feel like I made something good, kicked the Aegis a bit or such thing.

It makes me kinda feel like deleting the emblem and not talking about it again, because... I just don't feel like I did something that helped the Living Races.

Can it be made a bit more... encouraging? please?

The fact, that I can now get the quest 'Earn Title: Dung Fighter Title the Second' and need to kill 500 and I believe after that with 'Earn Title: Dung Fighter Title the Third' to kill 1000 more... feels more insane than creating 250 more dragon journal sets but is marginally because I won't do it.
    Last edited by Pharaxes; February 2nd, 2013 at 10:35 PM.

Default Re: Dung Fighter Title the First

As far as a title maybe a title more like Maggot home wrecker/destroyer perhaps

I actually find it quite funny
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Hehe, I'm entirely sure what you thought would happen, since all the other emblem title quests from Delgrath are just like this
    Most of the titles are just meant as gimmicks really, I thought. Most of the adventure ones require mashing lots and lots and lots of mobs. The really cool ones are of course the quest line related ones like the Unsung Hero, or the Iron Confectioner.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I can understand Pharaxes's point. I hate fighting dung piles as I find them hard with the maggot swarms. I love the thought of Sergeant Dylan's reaction being something to identify what a crappy assignment it was and appreciation for doing a particularly unwanted task:
    "I cannot believe you actually spent all those hours immersed in dung! Though it certainly explains how you smell now, of course. Almost no one takes the time to clean up those messes, which is why they have gotten so out-of-hand. To make it clear to those within odor range that your stench is a sign of heroism, let me present this title to you. You shall now be known as the Dung Splattered. That's fitting, don't you think? I'm sure I could imagine a few other titles for you if you wanted to continue killing dung."

I think it's great.

When I got mine I immediately put it on since I was the only one to have one it was like a prize guess. I can take it off now since it is not unique anymore. I used to mine them for t VI crystals and blighted items from the maggots. Then when they changed the loot on the maggots I only had a handful of dung piles to finish off. to get emblem
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Thread Information