Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 237-238 Discussion

Default Re: Crystal shaper feedback

not sure what i'm suppsed to find in patch notes, that's where it says dragons can not use jewelry crystals. so i must be missing something. and that you're removing 1 of 3 dragon jewelry crystals. could you quote what i'm not seeing here?

ok, nvm. it wasn't in the normal patch notes on the News page.

you should just remove that line from news page, since it's the first one most ppl see. sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Malicore; March 2nd, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

As you continue to post thoughts and feedback, please first take a look at this post for known issues:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post288437

Malicore, we can't remove them from the delta notes because it is a part of the delta. It's just that we are already aware of it and have it fixed for the next delta.

I understand it is pretty early still - is there a way that the inspire abilities could each have a different color to help separate each visually?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I understand it is pretty early still - is there a way that the inspire abilities could each have a different color to help separate each visually?
    they should be tinted. we'll look into it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 237 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I have to completely disagree with your suggestion.

I have always been against the "automatic" attunement to some of the newer pads on Trandalar and elsewhere.

Players should be encouraged to get out and explore, not give them every port right off the bat.

A level 1 player CAN make it from Aughundell to Morning Light, I have done so many times in the past to Morning Light, Harro, elsewhere.

All the "free/open" ports to Trandalar and elsewhere should be made unavailable and gatekeepers put in, or quests added to the existing gatekeepers in the Valley of Repose. A really fun run to the teleporter at the top of the tower of sorcery, and the subsequent quests all became completely sidestepped when they put in the open Trandalar ports. Such a shame.

As far as the quests go, that require killing lvl 70 mobs, well, they can still use the Aiya landing pad at any level without doing this quest. I don't see the big deal.

Your "work" on t6 shops is not invalidated, the shops still work just fine as soon as the player gets there. Attunement to Morning Light is as simple as greeting the gatekeeper.
    While I agree that players should be encouraged to explore, I vehemently disagree that there should be restrictions on where they can attune based on level and/or race and/or ability. If the character can get there, they should be allowed to attune. All the level/etc. restrictions do is drive players away from using that area of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    While I agree that players should be encouraged to explore, I vehemently disagree that there should be restrictions on where they can attune based on level and/or race and/or ability. If the character can get there, they should be allowed to attune. All the level/etc. restrictions do is drive players away from using that area of the game.
    i agree with this! Hated the t3 dragon quests; the ones that required you to go to trandalar, due to the fact its a 5-10 minute run to the mobs, then for the attunements you have to kill bosses of lv50+...at lv40.
    I would really hate to have to train my human up and get it equipped correctly just so i can mulit-log her in to attune alts to place on that island. Theeen again. This does make the helian RoP harder; i've always used Aiya to get to ML then Delgarath in the past...and a harder RoP is something i am totally for~
    How about just making falathien and such not auto-attune, and place a gatekeeper there who will attune you like most places? None of this sand scarab stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    i agree with this! Hated the t3 dragon quests; the ones that required you to go to trandalar, due to the fact its a 5-10 minute run to the mobs, then for the attunements you have to kill bosses of lv50+...at lv40.
    I would really hate to have to train my human up and get it equipped correctly just so i can mulit-log her in to attune alts to place on that island. Theeen again. This does make the helian RoP harder; i've always used Aiya to get to ML then Delgarath in the past...and a harder RoP is something i am totally for~
    How about just making falathien and such not auto-attune, and place a gatekeeper there who will attune you like most places? None of this sand scarab stuff.
    Surely you are not one of the low level plot/lair owners at Felathein who will lose attunement to home base when the delta goes live. ?? or are you?

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Surely you are not one of the low level plot/lair owners at Felathein who will lose attunement to home base when the delta goes live. ?? or are you?

Knossos
    Nobody is losing attunement. No idea where that came from. If you are already attuned to Falathien, then you will remained attuned. Aiya didn't require attunement before, but now it will. Elia is new and so will require attunement. New players who wish to attune to Falathien will have to complete the quest. Aiya is still a free attunement, though you must reach the island by foot first.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Nobody is losing attunement. No idea where that came from. If you are already attuned to Falathien, then you will remained attuned. Aiya didn't require attunement before, but now it will. Elia is new and so will require attunement. New players who wish to attune to Falathien will have to complete the quest. Aiya is still a free attunement, though you must reach the island by foot first.
    Sorry for any misunderstanding Amon, we did all need to attune to destinations when T2 Revamp was released to live. though we had availability before that release. Also when Island of Ice and Fire pad/portal was released we all lost Isle of Ice availability.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; March 3rd, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

horizons_1362282563.jpg

Hey Amon small ascetic bug Take a look at this formula in the creation screen it appears the data base is not pulling the correct name . I do not know if this effects as i have not been able to harnis enough emotions to test every one of the crystal creation. To be frank the spawn areas on Most t 5 mobs SUCK and are hindering testing would it be possible just on blight to over populate areas where golems , spiders , wa, animals up by about 30 % might greatly increase the testing of the creation of the new crystals . I have looked at the Duration of the crystals. damage conversion and the like... and if spawn rates stay the same on live then the duration is perfect but as you know many of us have been asking for increases in Number of mobs especially in the swamp regarding the spiders and such . so if an increase in mobs is decided not only for blight but for the live shards as well i would recommend Lowering the duration of the consumed crystals by 15 to 30 minutes.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Sorry for any misunderstanding Amon, we did all need to attune to destinations when T2 Revamp was released to live. though we had availability before that release. Also when Island of Ice and Fire pad/portal was released we all lost Isle of Ice availability.

Knossos
    Given the heads up, I brought my alt Grand Master Crafter Gnome (adv 45 adv rating 60 - terrific at dodging mobs terrible at killing mobs) to Falathien for attunement. Hope this is not considered an exploit.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    All the "free/open" ports to Trandalar and elsewhere should be made unavailable and gatekeepers put in, or quests added to the existing gatekeepers in the Valley of Repose. A really fun run to the teleporter at the top of the tower of sorcery, and the subsequent quests all became completely sidestepped when they put in the open Trandalar ports. Such a shame.
    I agree to that- It was such a well balanced questline- with great rewards (e.g. xp and knowledge of Trandalar areas and monsters).
    It makes no sense to me to take such a highlight out of game (making it useless).
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I went through all the formulas for the new crystals. Seems most of them do the same thing as current spells or scrolls - damage converters, resistances, wards. As they will be much harder to make in bulk as they require looted crystal slivers, which by the way do not drop very well, I would think their numbers should be much higher. A tier 5 spirit resistance spell gives +128, spirit ward gives +220. A tier 6 crystal gives +130 to each. Not enough of a difference, in my opinion, to warrant hunting for tier 6 slivers and carrying around a bunch of different crystals to use. I believe the school has a lot of possibilities, but as scrolls and spells are so much easier to make, I would like to see the numbers bumped up for the crystal buffs.

It would also be quite helpful I think, if whoever the vendor ends up being that sells the abilities, would have some dialogue explaining how to use them. It took me a bit to realize they were actual abilities and needed to be hotkeyed to use instead of buying stacks of the abilities.

Thaalia of Order

The drop rate of Sliver is something we're adjusting for the next update.

We don't feel the values need to be changed for the crystals. The reason is that each has a range. For example, the Tier 6 Resistance crystal has a range for its value of 130 to 195. The one you created just happened to give 130. As far as being easy to make, once players are collecting the resources and since in this case Bipeds and non-Crystalshapers can collect them as well the slivers will be more common.

Why don't you simply make it a fixed value from the start?
    Anything above 175 would be a good one and it will certainly provide a strong incentive to use a crystal instead of a scroll.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

My apologize to Amon and everyone else...

In creating the Resistance Crystals, they were not fully updated to give the proper augmentation. Only the T1 Resistance crystals give the proper buff. So when Amon looked this morning in the internal database, and mentioned the range and such on them is when I discovered my mistake.

It will be corrected with the next delta, but in short, the resistance crystals are supposed to give a set value buff to one resistance, with a negative debuff on the opposite resistance. For example, the Crystal of Flame gives a buff to your Flame Resistance, but makes you more vulnerable to Ice Resistance.

So it starts.

Aha, I was wondering where is the "Crystal buffs will come at a cost" part which was mentioned when the new school was described initially.

So we lost the ability to consume T6 dropped crystals that gave 130-195 resistance/ward bonuses with no penalty at all to a overcomplicated-manufacturing process that involves dropped components and which gives in return crystals with the same range of bonuses (130-195) and a penalty on top of it.
    Am I missing something here?

Are the Istarian Gods so upset that they feel the need to punish their followers instead of rewarding them?
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Northwind, before you start making assumptions, may I suggest that you wait until the next delta is applied to Blight, which should be later this week, and see what the currently bugged crystals actually do once they are fixed?

*shrugs*
    My gripe on this matter stand with the fact that we had to lose the consumable effect of the dropped crystals.
    My other gripe stand with the fact that with the new crystals the bonuses come at a cost. At least some of them.

Will that change in the next blight delta?
    I don't think so but that's another assumption so better let's wait an see.

On the other side, I cannot stop noticing some really nice effects from the new crystals, but then again let's not forget that my gripe is with the bonus/penalty system
    Maybe that's why I delete on sight the blighted items that give plus/minus bonuses and maybe that's why I find myself at a loss with the new system where I can no longer get a certain bonus without a corresponding penalty.

Ramblings off, time to get home

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Will that change in the next blight delta?
    I don't think so but that's another assumption so better let's wait an see.
    No, it won't. That is how the system is setup. Every great boost of power comes with a side-effect. Making choices is what its about. As Velea said, however, the values are screwed up. For example, Tier6 Resistance crystals will give +300 to the damage type and only -150 to the opposite damage type.

Thread Information