Thread: Primal Root Spell

Default Primal Root Spell

I often see dragons ask for a root spell..How would a primal root spell work

To elaborate.

The spell root of the nature line a root comes out of the ground tangling the feet of the target
    Ice shackles similar but with ice
    Binding crystals encases the target in ice

What would a primal root do? How would it hold them in place and break in one hit (not that all roots do this)

Please post your ideas here.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Default Re: Primal Root Spell

Primal energies envelope a target, blocking its powers of movement until damage is taken.

Just as dragons can harnest external energies to power its flight, so it should be able to use the same energies to stop movement.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Could be anything from being surrounded by a wall of raw energy to advanced time/space manipulation.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Well, the root effect you describe is alreadyin game.

The Helian ice breath in its effects include a binding crystals effect (and visuals).

What it would take is just to copy that part of code in a shorter than the current 10 minutes recycle time into a new spell and pronto you got your binding crystals for dragons.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    Well, the root effect you describe is alreadyin game.

The Helian ice breath in its effects include a binding crystals effect (and visuals).
    It makes that visual effect yes, but it doesnt have that effect. The helian ice breath puts a base +10 pre-weighted damage on the mob to all attacks received for the next minute.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Think gust and tempest - primal root could work by creating a blast of wind pressing in from all directions preventing the target from moving.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Thread Information