Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow-mo!

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Slow-mo!

A couple of times now i have been playing and noticed that my chracter gets extremely slow, almost as if i were in slow motion! It happened yesterday and again today, today it resolved itself after dying or atleast thast when i noticed it, and it is quite noticable so im certain it was around that time that it was resolved.

Im trying to figure out why exactly this is happening, as it can be quite frustrating when im moving so slow = /

I have done nothing different in my gameplay lately, or in my settings to make such an impact.

Any ideas anyone?

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Default Re: Slow-mo!

Is it after recalling a few times? There's still a memory leak associated with that process.

It happened to me once - it was like I was dragging a disk off road. May be a dryad bug?
    Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

No, i am a dragon, and today it was like it as soon as i logged in this morning, right after booting up my comp.

Ive never had any problems with getting noticabley laggier with porting etc. so i dont see why it would be that.

Normally during gameplay I lately wear 2 wing scales with Speed III so that kinda speeds me up...
    I have a friend who now uses my old Speed II scales and I walk faster without Speed III-teched wingscales (and thus normal speed:50)then she does with a total of +12 tech-bonus on speed (speed: 62)...
    And then I dont mean slightly, but a lot faster...

The only thing we could come up with as a possible sollution is the Internet connection since my connection is a lot faster then hers...
    So if it is related to the problem you are having, maybe then for some reason your internet might be slower then normal...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Unfortunately we thought of that also, your scenario sounds much like ours, my wife and i play together, both with the same scales, we both use the same connection and it has never been an issue in the past, however when this problem occurs she is considerably faster than me.....this is when we noticed the problem as she would always get somewhere a hell of alot faster than me and she'd have to sit around waiting for me.

Other then Connection problems or a failing network cable or hardware deviceor something like this I personally would have no idea...
    Unless some people are occasionally cursed with some extra lag... [^o)]
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    Other then Connection problems or a failing network cable or hardware deviceor something like this I personally would have no idea...
    Unless some people are occasionally cursed with some extra lag... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-40.gif[/img]
    Yeah i dont quite get it, my system is better than my wives also...

Though i swear it resolved the issue when i died, if it happens again ill try dying and see if it does it again....who knows lol

Its not a gamestopping problem, so im not that bothered atm = )

true, but if in my case a dragon without speed wingscales and thus walks normal speed, greatly outruns a dragon with +12 speed bonus it is kinda weird...
    (unless someone conceiled jetpacks under my wings when I was sleeping [^o)])

At least it is good to know that we are not the only one with this situation... lol [8-|]

btw... have you changed places so that she plays on your computer??
    If you switch computers and your wife starts to move slowly at least you know your comp. or game is cursed... [;)]

I think we'll just wait and see if it happens again, and if it does, try to figure out how to resolve the issue, it could just be random lag who knows...

well for me things have been acting kooky on my computer as well sense 2 weeks ago's patch.. i cant goup with effectson anymore or i end up crashing to my desktop.. already reformatted and everything get it after being grouped with spells effects on for more then an hour.. kinda mind killing sense i love the graphics this game pulls off.. including DC, shining blades. etc.

A friend of mine has boots teched with Speed III but runs 60% of the speed of the other people, since he logs in onwards. Since ever. That's a mystery.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

...switch back to run-mode..[:P]

gopher65

I remember someone about oooohhh 5 months ago with the same problem. I was grouped with them, and they NEVER ran faster than about 1/4 of the speed of the lvl 8 toon in the group. It was very frusterating. Even the person on a dial up modem wasn't moving like that! We never did figure out what the problem was:(. But for that person it seemed to be permenant. They always moved at that speed.

I maybe dense but im seriously not THAT dense, comon you have to believe me........

It sounds like a few people are experiencing the same problem, unexplained slowness, if i figure anything out ill let you know, if i dont, ill sit here and whine some more = D

Shadowon DraGhost

One of my associate characters was having this problem last night just below Parsinia. I started attacking sand golems and everything just froze for 15-30 seconds and then all of sudden the hits, damage, etc. started rolling down the chat window!

I ended up having to take much lower level mobs to ensure I didn't get killed!

I tried logging and restarting the computer - no difference

I checked on the board when this started happening and found this post!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowon DraGhost
    One of my associate characters was having this problem last night just below Parsinia. I started attacking sand golems and everything just froze for 15-30 seconds and then all of sudden the hits, damage, etc. started rolling down the chat window!

I ended up having to take much lower level mobs to ensure I didn't get killed!

I tried logging and restarting the computer - no difference

I checked on the board when this started happening and found this post!
    Its not that i freeze or lock up atall, its more like im running at a 3/4 of the speed i should be (thats not an exact figure, just a guestimate)

Solarayne Starfyre

Can't say what it would be for those having that problem all the time, if it's not due to something like connection speed, Etc.

For something that's happening in-frequently, and just for a short duration, on top of the other things mentioned here, you mught want to see if your PC was trying to do/run something else, like a short-term task, at the time it happened. Even on good machines, with how this game uses memory and CPU, something like that happening could easily cause that to happen for a short time...

I agree, they only time I seem to have this slo-mo problem is generally when some kind of task/program that is on my machine briefly runs in the background, and trying to identify the source can sometimes be a pain.But my guess is, the problem is probably a combination of all of thee above in this thread that people have mentioned.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Its a possibility, although im not sure what it could be, and i havent noticed anything, ill keep an eye open next time.

Thread Information