Thread: Second Key like options.

Default Second Key like options.

History

I run two accounts right now, although the secondary one isn't really used that much as it doesn't have many characters of use to me. My main account however, has a very specific character I'd like to play at the same time as Chioxin, which I made a long time ago and leveled when I only had one account. So...

Suggestions

I'd like to ask that this "second" key feature be reinstalled into the game some way or another. There are several things that can be done about this, or several options I see. The first and most obvious being to reinstall the ability to buy a second key and attach it to ones account. This is the quickest and easiest way. Honestly Horizons is the first game to do this and the idea is absolutely BRILLIANT =) As it really allows those of us who like to two box, to do so easily. It allows freedom. However I hear this ability was abused, so I ask for several other optoins.

One option was already suggested, and that option was the ability to purchase extra royalties to add onto your account. Something similar to what FF XI does I'm guessing. They allowed the option to buy new character slots and the such. This could be extended in horizons to allow one to purchase not only that, but also an extra plot slot as well, along with other things. Another option, the ability to run more than one character from the same account at the same time.

Another option which honestly would help me and at this point is the ability to transfer characters between accounts. I do actually own two accounts and if I can't just buy a second key for my MAIN account, it would be nice to transfer my character from my account over to the other one so I can use that character with my dragon. With this, you prevent those who abused the CD key, yet allow people to basically have a second account and have the ability to transfer a character between the two accounts if they want to play the two together.

This last idea can be expanded on to solve your "second key" abuse that some players were using. Essentially[sp], a player buys a second key and puts it on their account. This doesn't put everything together though, have it make two seperate accounts, however they are linked. This means that when he deletes and gets arid of his second account, if he had a plot WITH that account, he loses it. Period. He also loses any characters over the 5th one made. I'm sure this is a coding nightmare but you had it before and I longn to have it! =)

Anyhow. Those are my thoughts and ideas. If anything, allow character transfers so that those of us with two accounts may trade characters between accounts. This would be most useful to a few of us. I do not know personally how hard it is to do that, and even if there is a "delay" between asking to trade a char between accounts, it would be a very nice option for you to give us. Thank you for hearing me out!

Dranar

Default Re: Second Key like options.

Just want to say I'm definitely interested in this. I would love to have a few more characters, but more importantly I would like my dragon to be able to actually have a lair while still maintaining the "Oasis on the Beach Cafe and Tavern in Parsinia."tm

I'd happily pay for the extra features, or a character transfer, though I really like having to only log in with one account name and password, not keeping two around.

But, I'll take what will work. :)

~Dranar

Thread Information