Thread: Istarias Future add ins. (Wish List Things i know everyone here would enjoy.)

Lightbulb Istarias Future add ins. (Wish List Things i know everyone here would enjoy.)

The next things id like to see in this game would be this.. nothing big but something to make it feel more medieval and more adventurous. and it would catch the eye of other players and will make the game get bigger.

Capes for bipeds. I wouldn't care if they weren't stimulated least its something to start off. It would make a more feel the need for capes since capes are the most forgotten armor piece.

Horses as mounts for bipeds. Ik it sounds a little hard for this game but. Just like a dragons flying you cant attack stuff when on a horse. and it would make traveling with cargo disks more enjoyable since the craft bulk are indeed annoying for em.. 10+ movement speed when on a horse.

Weathered Aegis Blight Creeping and Npcs doing useless things but feel like something that there doing correctly. NPC's chopping (animation wise) at trees going to the wood cutter areas and making the animations of it.. maybe do side quests for them, The aegis creeping was the one mechanic i miss of this game. The more you fail the more the blight comes. the more you destroy the aegis the less it becomes.. But im not expecting to see any of that soon. But id like to see training dummies as the living races train up for the Aegis in major towns. make it feel that istaria's more Lively. that's all.

Merging some mods into the game. since Most people use them.

Tooth and claw mod. and the Sound Emote pack. I
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Default Re: Istarias Future add ins. (Wish List Things i know everyone here would enjoy.)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    Capes for bipeds.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...=visible+capes
    The above link gives you an idea of what Solitaire found when trying to implement them. Unfortunately, I think they are spending time on things they consider more important. But yes, visible capes would be awesome, especially putting some sweet designs on them

Horses as mounts for bipeds.
    Not ever going to happen sorry. The stickied FAQ page at the top of this forum subsection has the details but basically, the engine cannot do it. So a new engine is hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars and would basically mean a new game. So when I win the lotto, we're set, but until then, sorry, not gonna happen.

Weathered Aegis Blight Creeping and Npcs doing useless things
    Aside from the blight anchors which pop up, or devs spawning mobs about from time to time, that is pretty much gone these days unfortunately. No one wants to see their homes destroyed because they took a holiday and didn't defend them. It would be nice to see more Anchors, as long as their spawns actually work and don't end up with 50 ghosts kicking our butts :P Finding somewhere to put them is a hassle. There is a pretty big push that people be allowed to play as they wish; if they don't want to adventure, then let's not try make them. So putting these on roads or near resources is pretty much out. But putting them in obscure locations means we just don't find them. But yer, I would like to see more Anchors about. But aimed at the lower levels, 20-60 range, so almost anyone can help.

As for NPC's doing stuff, some of them in NT did for a while, even chatting to one another. But those who like to use NT found it distracting even to the point of annoying with the NPC chatter. It would be nice if some did wander around in small circles. Perhaps those in the Dali vault/tavern, for example. A problem can be if you're looking for one and they've wandered off. Also, if they don't talk, then they're just moving around doing well, nothing.

Merging some mods into the game. since Most people use them. Tooth and claw mod. and the Sound Emote pack.
    Most people do, but not all. If that were the case, the Mappack should be in the base install too, but I don't think the devs want to go that way. Some mods have been added over the years, I think, so there is case for it.

Good sugestions though, not the first time they've come up and not the first time they could be knocked back. But we all love everyone's suggestions and discussing them too

Happy huntings, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Istarias Future add ins. (Wish List Things i know everyone here would enjoy.)

I actually think it makes sense Lore-wise that there are no horses in Istaria. You can find them in art and then there's that old cart, but it seems to me that the actual animal is extinct. Maybe the dragons/blight monsters ate them all?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

The horses are a great idea - that many have already come up with. But they can't be done...*refers to halluicin8's post 'Not ever going to happen sorry. The stickied FAQ page at the top of this forum subsection has the details but basically, the engine cannot do it. So a new engine is hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars and would basically mean a new game. So when I win the lotto, we're set, but until then, sorry, not gonna happen.'*

the mods...no in most cases - There are few mods which i'd agree should be a part of the game by default. Out of these i'd say setscale should be put in atleast.

the capes would be great if they could look good and have an animation which makes sense - but personally, i think other things take a much bigger priority over this.

as for the blight? Debatable really...and i don't think hallucin8 could'nt have put it in better words 'Finding somewhere to put them is a hassle.' 'No one wants to see their homes destroyed because they took a holiday and didn't defend them.' 'There is a pretty big push that people be allowed to play as they wish; if they don't want to adventure, then let's not try make them.'
    that! Was trying to take a low level alt to ML recently and was killed pretty quickly by a blight anchor which was there
    on the other side it would be great to have the aegis more active - just need to be put in the irght places

as for training dummies..why? we have tonnes of mobs already here that do the same job but better e.g. wolves teach players how to deal with swarms and high damage output, with alot of xp from trophy hunting quests and killing them to boot. and just like aegis they can kill you too!

npc's moving about..urgh, i already hate Jeremiah in NT for moving about. NPC's get hard to find when they move about too much...especially dalimond..if i don't stuggle enough already to find NPC's, i don't want to struggle anymore.

[QUOTE=Azath;289662]the mods...no in most cases - There are few mods which i'd agree should be a part of the game by default. Out of these i'd say setscale should be put in atleast.QUOTE]

not sure what you're referring to, since setscale is already part of the game (not a mod). use the command /setscale 1.1 (normal size). can see the max/min once used. select a target and use the command. hotkey it if you like as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    not sure what you're referring to, since setscale is already part of the game (not a mod). use the command /setscale 1.1 (normal size). can see the max/min once used. select a target and use the command. hotkey it if you like as well.
    with some file tampering - ahem modifications, yes. but many like myself also have tried at the said file tampering and failed. hense why i haven't got setscale yet.

Thread Information