Thread: Emblems - More than Stack Hogs

Default Emblems - More than Stack Hogs

I alluded to this in a rant, but felt this part should be here for further discussion...

Everyone agrees stack space is an issue and the Dev's have made clear this isn't going to change for various reasons. Everyone in this game is a collector of some sort with all of these shiny, but relatively useless emblems collecting dust in one's vault - assumign of course they don't simply toss the buggers away.

Emblems are in the 'Equipment' Window...why not make them actually serve a purpose?

We already have quests - kill 100, 150, 200, 250 of XX Mob. When one has killed so many of a particular creature, does it not make sense that they'd have learned more abut said creature and can therefore kill it more effenciently or maybe even like an experienced hunter in the real world - manages to take it down with more salvagable items - or in this case trophies/comps?

As this started with a rant on Dire Wolves, I'll use that as an example (as it'll prolly take 200+ to get the 12 Ears I want)...

From your Trophy Hunter...prove your prowess against the Dire Wolves of Selen Forest and I shall certify your skill against such creature...
    - Slay 200 Dire Wolves
    - Slay 20 Dire Wolf Alphas
    - Slay Mani
    - Bring me 20 Dire Wolf Skulls

Do all of this and I shall grant you the Emblem of Bane of Dire Wolves: +25 Slash Resistance/Ward, +25 To Hit against Dire Wolves

Something that makes many of these emblems worth more than just getting to say you've got them and then tossed aside after the fact as they serve no useful purpose but to take up caluable stack space.

The above is just an example, and I'm not sure if the ability i the game exists to target a specific mob like that.

I could even see the potential for Epic Level emblems (not that some of those from Doom don't qualify); but as an example - Aaelefein 'the Exorcist' - slew X# of the various kinds of undead; or Aaelefein 'BLight's Blight' for slaying X# of the various blights - and either case confers some form of advantage to the undead or blights. Just two more examples.

So there you have it...expand or pick apart at will
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Emblems - More than Stack Hogs

I really like this idea. It's as though by killing so many, you've become known among that kind as being particularly deadly, and so cause them to be dispirited (like the cleric ability, but specific to just that mob) just by flashing (i.e., wearing) the badge you've made from their dead carcasses.

Not a bad idea I suppose. Give a bit more of a reward. But emblems were supposed to just be for "flavor".

A small bonus to the ones requiring a lot of kills couldn't hurt.

A better suggestion is to fix the client so that they can be "collected" into a drop-down box in our equipment window, and we can choose the active one this way, and get them all out of our inventories. They've made other improvements to the client, time for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    A better suggestion is to fix the client so that they can be "collected" into a drop-down box in our equipment window, and we can choose the active one this way, and get them all out of our inventories. They've made other improvements to the client, time for this one.
    Would involve FAR more than altering the client and is a huge project.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

would it really be adding much more, or changing it to be like the wish giver's quests that gave minor stats to the player?

you could add a new place in the character window for the list of completed emblems, to choose one for showing. if you can't add any bonuses. but at least we wouldn't have to take up bulk/stacks in vault and backpack/scale packs any longer

Yes, it would be a large project involving database, server, and client. Which is why it hasn't gotten close to a priority I'm afraid.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Yes, it would be a large project involving database, server, and client. Which is why it hasn't gotten close to a priority I'm afraid.
    Do I sense a willingness to change it? Just not a priority? If that is the case why not do the thing in stages? T3 is up for a revamp soon, yes? Why not start building a new system while you are doing it?
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Do I sense a willingness to change it? Just not a priority? If that is the case why not do the thing in stages? T3 is up for a revamp soon, yes? Why not start building a new system while you are doing it?
    Because other changes by the tech team have a higher priority. We think we have an alternative solution for emblems anyway that won't require tech. We'll be testing it soon.

Thread Information