Thread: Having problems.

Default Having problems.

Ok so I haven't played this game in many years now, I figured I'd try it out again, but things have changed substantially since I last recall. I am unable to locate my old character, and/or create a new character, I click the shard list and I don't see anything. Also if I attempt to create a character nothing happens. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong.

Default Re: Having problems.

You simply picked the wrong time to make a new character~
    I beleive you can send a ticket to see if it's possible to retrieve your old characters (https://support.istaria.com/)
    But you can't create a new character right because it's tuesday, and every tuesday is maintenance - so we're locked out of the live shards untill it's done.

Whoa whoa whoa, wait a second, retrieve my character? I never deleted it or anything o_O

Quote Originally Posted by xeoneex View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, wait a second, retrieve my character? I never deleted it or anything o_O
    *nodnod* From what i can tell, over a long period of time with an innactive account, your characters disappear - well, not entirely disappear - but kinda vanish from the list of your characters.
    depending on how it's been, a dev may have to 'retrieve' your old characters (even if they don't appear on your player list - it's likely they are still lingering around on the database)

xeoneex, your character aren't deleted but they are archived. This means they are moved to a separate database until such time as you need them back. You simply need to submit a support ticket at support.istaria.com and request character retrieval. You'll need your character names, of course.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

AS others have mentioned, I created a free human account when I came back into the game earlier this year. When I found out I could possibly recover my old chars, I submitted a ticket and voila, they were recovered, albeit from 2003. They were too old apparently to retrieve on my old account so they were transferred to my new human account, and I had to then pay a sub to play all of them.

When they were first retrieved, they were archived and the launcher wasn't able to log into them. I had to submit a follow up ticket to unarchive them and they have been fine since.
    rip

Well I figured out what was the problem. The server was down for maintenance and the list wasn't available. Soon as the game was back up, my characters were there. But now I have another problem. Seeing as I haven't played the game in like 5 years, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. My dragon is a bit... overwhelming and I could use some help if anyone is able to help.

Well I figured out what was the problem. The server was down for maintenance and the list wasn't available. Soon as the game was back up, my characters were there. But now I have another problem. Seeing as I haven't played the game in like 5 years, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. My dragon is a bit... overwhelming and I could use some help if anyone is able to help.
    Go into New Player/New Player Assistance - As the title may explain, it helps new players (including returning - still new, in a way teehee).
    Some also decide to start a new character to get a grasp of the basics.

Wait, go to new players what? is that a forum or chat channel or? I'm sorry for the silly question I'm just sure what that is.

Wait, go to new players what? is that a forum or chat channel or? I'm sorry for the silly question I'm just sure what that is.
    a chat channel teehee.

Also, is there a way to copy my keybindings from one char to another? I just set all my keybindings for my dragon, but found out it apparently doesn't carry over to any other character

Also, is there a way to copy my keybindings from one char to another? I just set all my keybindings for my dragon, but found out it apparently doesn't carry over to any other character
    In your istaria folder, go into the prefs folder, then choose the character you want the controls copied from - go into the file, and there will be a file called ClientPrefs_Controls.def This file contains the key bindings. Copy it, and then go into the prefs file of teh character you want to carry them over too. Delete their controls.def file, and replace it with the copied one. c:
    If it's the hotkeys you want, you copy the UIHotkeys.def file instead - in the same was as above. Though, once you've copied thme over you will need to re-drag them all again.

Also, one more question -_- sorry about all these questions, but is it at all possible to get my name changed to something else or do I have to redo my entire character :/

Ah ok thank you I found it thanks

Also, one more question -_- sorry about all these questions, but is it at all possible to get my name changed to something else or do I have to redo my entire character :/
    If your character has an old shard suffix, like mine had _shadow, you can request a name change via ticket for free. Otherwise you will have to purchase a name change token and then submit the ticket.
    rip

Ya I looked it up after I posted it, I got it changed. Thank you for the info though

Thread Information