Thread: Blacksmith Quest - Spirit Isle

Default Blacksmith Quest - Spirit Isle

Made a blight character today...Garvus tells me to mine 75 Copper/Tin ore...done it three times now and it doesn't advance. Even tried making 75 bars in case they were meant vs. the ore...so luck. Even reporting back to him with the ore and he simply tells me to go complete the quest.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Blacksmith Quest - Spirit Isle

Odd, 75? Could've sworn it was 55. Is this changing? Will have to check Blight tonight.

Either way, should advance with the ore. Don't think you ever need anything beyond 11-15 bars for any Spirit Isle quest.
    rip

tried five times before cancelling the quest, twice more it failed, and then tried a re-log after cancelling it a second time...it never advanced after mining the 75 copper/tin ore.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist

Yes the first part of the Blacksmith quests only asks for 55 Copper and Tin Ore... though I just completed them all yesterday and had no trouble. It's very odd that all of a sudden the Spirit Isle Blacksmith quests are glitched as well as the New Trismus Scholar trainer, when they were both working just fine fine not long ago.

All eight times I tried, the quest info read '75' - but regardless if it is 55 or 75 - the quest did not advance. Should also point out that unlike most quests where you have to collect a certain amount of anything...there was no counter...should have expected a secondary entry something like "Collect 75 Copper Tin Ore 0/75"
    Spirit Brothers

As I recall from a long while back, you need to travel a ways into the mine, at which point it will update with something along the lines of "These are the nodes you need" or somesuch, at which point you'll get the counter.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I made a character to try and went all the way to the bottom of the mine, no luck. The school scholar at least gives you right away a counter to go gather sandstone.

Oh for Blacksmith doesn't matter if you select work with metal or stone or wood, it gives you the Part 1 quest to do mining ore. Maybe way supposed to work but seems wrong.
    Smaug

I've just looked at the "Gravus' Quest: Blacksmith Part I" quest on our internal shard and it is indeed broken. It is set up as a "gather" step, but there was nothing recorded for you to gather, thus the missing counter.

I've fixed it, but there is unfortunately no way to work around it. Players will have to start as Blacksmith on New Trismus for now rather than on Spirit Isle.

Wish I had seen this post last night before playing. Would have saved myself a couple hours....

I tried to edit my earlier post, but seems I cannot find an edit option.

Anyways, just thought I would make sure that mention that Gravus' Quest: Scholar Part I is the same as the Blacksmith quest. No counter.

Velea, we can expect to see a fix on next patch / update?

I know the Blacksmith quest fix is already in testing on Blight, but the Scholar quest worked fine for me recently when I made my biped.

And I found out the same way, the Edit button disappears after something like 20-30min after you post. So check for typos fast or they are stuck there.

Hmm, maybe I will go back and try the Scholar quest again.

20-30min for edit button, gotchya. and thanks!

Thirty minutes!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information