Thread: Trophy turn ins and exp amounts

Default Trophy turn ins and exp amounts

I'm writing a trophy calculator that will approximate how much experience you are over or under in any trophy turn in range, given your current level and experience. I'm referencing Wikia at the time, but these values seem off and I am unsure of how far off the rest of the trophies are. I also do not have a character whom is able to turn in said trophies for every level range. It's understood that the first ten turn ins receive double the reward amount.

I am curious to if there is a set amount for each trophy turn in per tier and what those amounts are? Does anyone have a list of these amounts or is there a formula to calculate them? Is each trophy equal in reward value?
    rip

Default Re: Trophy turn ins and exp amounts

see http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ter-Quest-List

Later posts offer corrections and verifications. Might be incorrect for lvl 1-5 and 5-10, which has had recent trophy changes.

Great! This will definitely expedite things towards release. Thanks! It appears Wikia wasn't too far off.
    rip

When I first returned to playing Istaria (2-3 months ago or so), I thought to update the wiki regarding the trophy hunters and their quests. I created a new alt and started walking him through the levels to determine exactly how each quest for each particular trophy type went...

I got as far as the level 16-20 quests and stopped, but I can tell you that it will be hard to make your calculator because the trophy quests don't always obey any set rules, even within the same tier group. For example, some quests in the same tier group cut exp and coin in half after only 5 turn ins, and others at 10 turn ins. Some never cut exp and coin in half at all, ever. In the level 11-15 quests set, there are a couple of the quests that can be started at some of the quest givers, at that range, but only turned in to one specific npc. At least one of the quest is still given, even once you go past the 5 level range it falls in, but other quests in the same set aren't....anyway, seemed like too big a mess for me to want to deal with.

I sincerely hope you have the perseverance to go through them all and get it all correctly documented. I would dearly love to see it, when it is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthas View Post
    I got as far as the level 16-20 quests and stopped, but I can tell you that it will be hard to make your calculator because the trophy quests don't always obey any set rules, even within the same tier group. For example, some quests in the same tier group cut exp and coin in half after only 5 turn ins, and others at 10 turn ins. Some never cut exp and coin in half at all, ever. In the level 11-15 quests set, there are a couple of the quests that can be started at some of the quest givers, at that range, but only turned in to one specific npc. At least one of the quest is still given, even once you go past the 5 level range it falls in, but other quests in the same set aren't....anyway, seemed like too big a mess for me to want to deal with.
    None of what you are describing here should happen any longer, and if it does, then that particular quest is bugged and someone should be reporting it.

All trophies should be consistent in the level group they are in (and it should be every 5 levels that you get new trophies) as far as behavior goes. You should turn in 5 times for full experience and on the 6th (and every other time) only get half experience, and you should only get full coin for the first 5 turn ins as well.

As far as I'm aware, it was the first ten turns of a particular trophy that granted you double experience. Coin stayed the same regardless of number of turn ins.

What's the word?
    rip

It's ten.......

Not that I've payed much attention, but last I checked it was the first 5 where you got double exp.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    You should turn in 5 times for full experience and on the 6th (and every other time) only get half experience, and you should only get full coin for the first 5 turn ins as well.
    Actually thats 10 turn ins get full exp and the 11th and higher gets half. But my post isn't to rebute that, i'm sure that was a typo. But I'm like totally confused now.

I thought that you also get full coin in addition to full exp, then on the experience and coin is reduced by 50% on the 11th and higher.

Upon looking at my logs, the coin stays the same. Has it always been like that? I could've swore you got 50% less coin too?

My very first turn in for the Topaz Golem:
    [06/03/13 22:52:23] You have received 5 silver 300 copper.
    [06/03/13 22:52:23] Gained Warrior experience: 56500 ( Quest Reward )

My 60th turn in for Flame Beetle Compound Eye
    [06/03/13 22:55:13] Gained Warrior experience: 28250 ( Quest Reward )
    [06/03/13 22:55:13] You have received 5 silver 300 copper.

The coin is the same. So has this changed, has it always been like that and I'm mistaken, or is it bugged?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    None of what you are describing here should happen any longer, and if it does, then that particular quest is bugged and someone should be reporting it.

All trophies should be consistent in the level group they are in (and it should be every 5 levels that you get new trophies) as far as behavior goes. You should turn in 5 times for full experience and on the 6th (and every other time) only get half experience, and you should only get full coin for the first 5 turn ins as well.
    Okay, the stuff I was describing was accurate as of 3 months ago, or so. Now that I know how they are actually supposed to work, will go through them again, and start reporting 'broken' quests. (in Bug Report forum)

My ped got a ton of levels out of trophies and I can confirm that for each and every trophy quest above lvl 71 the 50% xp cut off happened starting with 11th quest done, while the coin gains remained the same. Think i've done some trophy quests in the range 66-71 too but for sure i didn't capped all of them in that range.

Also all my info in game regarding the 50% xp cut off pointed to the fact that it happens starting with 11th quest.
    No one that i asked heard about it so no idea where the "50% xp cut off after the 6th quest" info came about (Velea & hallucin8), but hopefully we didn't uncover yet another "bug" which will be quickly fixed to the utter dismay of the Istarian community.

Anyways, Istaria Wiki confirms too that XP gets cut off to 50% but the cash income remains at 100% and it also confirms the weird behavior of trophy returns for lvl 11-15
    http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Trophy_Hunter
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Oops, my bad. It is, of course, 10 turn ins. Not sure why I'd said 5.... can I blame posting too early in the morning?

Though the coin award is also supposed to be cutting in half after those first 10, it looks like that is rather hit or miss on quests, some do, some do not. So at some later date (as in, not now), we'll figure out which way it should be and make the quests more consistent.

Coin amount has always stayed the same. The xp is the only thing that drops after 10 turn ins.

My bad, I haven't trophy hunted in 5 years+, so I wonder if it has always been 10 turn-ins, good to know though The coin never decreases, that much I remember
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information