Thread: Truly New Players?

Default Truly New Players?

Not sure where to post this, so, I'll just stuff it in here, since I'm an Order player.

I'm just curious about how many truly *new* players there might be in Istaria (less than a month or two in-game, perhaps)....almost every hatchling or biped I encounter is actually someone's alt, rather than being someone new to the game. I ran across Istaria purely by accident, was intrigued by actually being to play a dragon, and quickly purchased a basic subscription...and, I'm NOT regretting that decision! The game is awesome...but, I'd never heard of it, never seen it mentioned in any other forum, or even among the hard-core gamers I know.

I *have* mentioned it to several friends, and most say they'll take a look...is the primary method of "advertising" Istaria word-of-mouth? I *really* enjoy the game, but, the player base, particularly on Order, seems tiny....which is a shame.

Default Re: Truly New Players?

Most havn`t heard of it, simply because it`s an older MMO, plus there realy isn`t any real advertising base except word of mouth, or players posting screen shots/videos online. I discovered Istaria about 7 to 8 years ago, by a random dragon image search on Deviant art.
    Though I have found 1 hard core gamer who HAS heard of istaria at my local used game store. He was quite shocked to hear the game`s still up, and running. :O I told him, they have changed hands in owners, and changed the name of the game from "Horizons: Empire of istaria", to "Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted" a few years back. That`s partly the reason so many don`t know I think. the name change throws older players/gamers off. They look up the original name, and only find older screenshots. I think there may need to be more folks posting more screens, and stuffs. maybe on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. Seeing that`s where most people go now to look up, and follow their faverite things.

Yes Order`s a dying server sadly. It`s my main home, but there hasn`t been more then 5 to 12 people on at a time as of lately. Maybe due to school, and now summer, people are spending more time outdoors. *shruggs* It`s kinda become the home of the lonely. All my characters just sit around trying to entertain themselves since most of their friends/family are now gone. :P

Thread Information