Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Clarity II

Default Re: Clarity II

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    This sounds like an interesting idea. Give Sorcerer some kind of passive immunity to mezz, only available while in Sorc. Not stun immunity, just mezz immunity.

This is actually what I thought the Clarity II was supposed to be the first time I used it.
    There are chain-stunning mobs in existence as well, not just infinite mezing ones. I'd say keep it stun/mez immunity because messing around with all the mobs' stuns is way too much.

One example the social ogres bhalkuk i thnk is name spells and they are storm ogres so each of them has thundering blow a 10 second stun and ogre cry a 7 secon stun + a mind damage hit. Pulling one of them usually means pulling 2 or more, and I have been stun locked by them until death since player can not move at all So its possible the ogres can stun a target for at least 51 seconds which is uaully enough time for a biped to go down in any class thats not counting if even more ogres joining in on the fight

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    One example the social ogres bhalkuk i thnk is name spells and they are storm ogres so each of them has thundering blow a 10 second stun and ogre cry a 7 secon stun + a mind damage hit. Pulling one of them usually means pulling 2 or more, and I have been stun locked by them until death since player can not move at all So its possible the ogres can stun a target for at least 51 seconds which is uaully enough time for a biped to go down in any class thats not counting if even more ogres joining in on the fight
    Yeah this is an annoying situation when it happens. Hopefully those abilities will get their recycles adjusted upwards so that the stuns are not so frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There was never any intention to "stealth" this in, it was the result of reworking the Immunity effects for the epic mobs (since some of them never worked). I hadn't realized Clarity 2 used one. However, ultimately an ability that gives permanent (or near-permanent) immunity to both stun and mez is incredibly overpowered even if it is non-masterable and that is why it remains changed.

Being able to cast it on your group and have it give 50% of your battle time with immunity is still vastly overpowered in my opinion, but I'm willing to let it go at that.
    I am sorry but i will have to completely disagree with your overpowered view. I have a few reasons as follows, first the imunity to stun and mez vs epics does not save players from damage or getting killed. second players die during epic fights so they loos the clarity 2 buff (when it was single target). third if the player that used this aura buff goes down then the entire group just lost the buff. When it comes to epic battles, valkor, myloc queen, SoG, dankor, reklar, experienced players almost always will choose healer class over sorc class, the expection usually was the myloc queen to manage the spawns she did.

Thread Information