Thread: Returning Player, With some Questions

Default Returning Player, With some Questions

I played the beta for Horizons, then played the game until a month or so after the Satyr and Dryads came out. My guild blew apart in a very bad way, and you know how that can drive people to leave a game. I tried to come back and play in 2009 when the game became Istaria, but Windows Vista was incompatible. Now I've got Windows 8, and the game has some new changes that make it playable again. Hats off to the programers here at Istaria.

So here are my questions, I know the servers merged, so my plot is gone. I have these Novian cubes, that I assume represent all the building materials, which I think is great, but what happened to the gold I paid for my plot? Only one character has 500s, the other has 200s.

Another question I have is, did the crafting levels change in some way? One of my crafters is a 50 fletcher, and 27 Carpenter. He has different sets of crafting gear all laid out in the paper doll pattern inside knapsacks, which i remember I used to do, so I could swap back and forth between crafting professions. But the crafting levels of the gear laid out in one pack pack is for level 60, 54, and 56, 2-10 levels above fletcher, so i can't wear the gear.

I do have a lot of training points to spend, which seems to me that the classes were changed and all our training points were reset.

My last question is, the bank vault capacity. All of mine are set to commoners vault, and I'm sure i upgraded the vaults of my crafters. Did they rest all my vaults to the default size?
    Last edited by Velea; June 6th, 2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: profanity clean up

Default Re: Returning Player, With some Questions

This sounds more like an issue that would best be handled via a support ticket.

What I can tell you for certain is that nothing happened to change characters that I'm aware of.

Please submit a ticket to support.istaria.com and we should be able to help you.

The plot price gets refunded to your character. Back then plots were only a few hundred silver. Today they are a couple gold.

Swapping gear is done with a hotkey. Right click the key, select edit. for actions choose equip item, then drag to the little area each item for that set, one at a time. they show up in the window. also drag one item from the set (I use the tool) into the square in the lower left corner, to give the hotkey an icon. You can type in a description in the field near this icon. Click save when done.

Thanks guys. I remember the plot costing me around 5-8 gold. The vault space and the crafting armor i cannot wear is what puzzles me. I'll submit a ticket

if the craft gear is cloth or padded, you can wear it if you have an adv class that you can switch to, that is able to wear it. if it's cargo gear, then you either used it for different craft or never used it at all

for cloth/padded, you only need an adv class high enough to wear it. maybe you switched adv class and in one too low to have the armor use. if you had a lvl 1 craft and lvl 100 of any adv, you could have gear that was teched with T5 techs, has no effect on craft class using it. but you need to be in the T5 adv class to equip the gear

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    if the craft gear is cloth or padded, you can wear it if you have an adv class that you can switch to, that is able to wear it. if it's cargo gear, then you either used it for different craft or never used it at all

for cloth/padded, you only need an adv class high enough to wear it. maybe you switched adv class and in one too low to have the armor use. if you had a lvl 1 craft and lvl 100 of any adv, you could have gear that was teched with T5 techs, has no effect on craft class using it. but you need to be in the T5 adv class to equip the gear
    Since it's becoming clear that the craft level did not change, then maybe that gear was hand-me downs from a guildmate, and I need to grow into it. the gear is crafting gear, with added capacity and crafting bonuses.

Put in the ticket, but since it was horizons that screwed up not refunding my gold for the plot, no one can help me now. Oh well, I sort of figured that was going to be the end result, but i held out hope the Customer Support would have pity on me, and refund the average plot cost.

Anyhow, i have all these Novian spheres, and when I get some cash, a guild, and some neighbors I want to live around, I can build a home fairly quickly.

Sorry to hear that you lost the gold however money is easier to get in the game than ever now with the junk dealer in bristugo. Just save all the junk you loot off of the mobs you kill and take it to him to sell it. You will have all your money back - and more - in no time

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthas View Post
    Sorry to hear that you lost the gold however money is easier to get in the game than ever now with the junk dealer in bristugo. Just save all the junk you loot off of the mobs you kill and take it to him to sell it. You will have all your money back - and more - in no time
    How do i get there on a low level character? They only just came out with dragons when I left the game. I have a hatchling, and am wondering how I can get him to Bristugo. do I need to level up enough to get a quest to go there, or can I portal hop there? I'm currently at Kion, doing quests.

The real hard part of that is to get from Kion to Lower Bridgeview; if you're lucky, you might be able to make the run...when leaving Kion, hug the mountain, by the lair just outside the gate, to avoid the undead....the wolves are a bit more of a problem, but, if you Sprint, you should make it (I did this run, just after hitting ADV10). Cross the bridge over to Sable Shore, and attune at the pad just to the north. Then, turn around, and run SOUTH, through that settlement (can never remember the name...Istaria's *something*...lol) and follow the road east, leading to Bristugo. This route bypasses all the Skulks.

Quote Originally Posted by Defilade View Post
    How do i get there on a low level character? They only just came out with dragons when I left the game. I have a hatchling, and am wondering how I can get him to Bristugo. do I need to level up enough to get a quest to go there, or can I portal hop there? I'm currently at Kion, doing quests.
    There are 2 "junk" collectors you can sell those items to. One is next to the vaultkeeper in New Trismus, and the other is in Bristugo. If you can't get to Bristugo yet, then just go sell the junk items (they mention in the description Oddities Broker) to Rhagool in New Trismus.

Thanks guys

There's a junk dealer in NT too. Probably easier to get to for a newbie than the one in Bristugo.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty View Post
    There's a junk dealer in NT too. Probably easier to get to for a newbie than the one in Bristugo.
    True, but I can port around to places for free from Bristugo, that i have to pay for from other portals

Only the racial cities cost money from city portals, and the Brist city portal charges you for them too, though at half price. Guilds and settlements are free, and cities are usually free from guilds and settlements.

Thread Information