Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: here it is Again

Default here it is Again

From anmarie

***Sorry, folks, but this thread is so off topic that it doesn't have a single topic any longer, thus I'm closing the thread.

The particular scroll in question were never meant to be used multiple times and it was a bug that they were, simple as that. Feel free to continue discussions about the numerous other topics raised in this thread in the appropriate thread... assuming you haven't already, that is. ***

The big issue is sidesteped, ignored, and rendered trivial. The Original posters comments where rolled over. The concern he had was trivialized. The whole post was moved to a rant.

Galleon's Master Scroll wasn't a bug. Its been in the game as it was for over 2 years. Seems that now after all this time 1 person feels that its too powerfull and it needs to be changed. This is an item that bipeds can get and dragons cannot. Once again its a nerf to an in game item that helps bipeds directly.

Here we go again.

This isn't an rant... This is an observation. How does changing Geleon's Master Scroll help the game's progression? I want an honest sincere response please? Not some caned response that just sidelines the issue or renders it trivial. I don't think this is too much to ask for. Alot of the older high level bipeds have expressed serious concern with this suggested change. Show us that this game is still for us too... please. Listen to the bipeds that have spent so much time in the game.

Default Re: here it is Again

Quote Originally Posted by asander View Post
    Galleon's Master Scroll wasn't a bug. Its been in the game as it was for over 2 years. Seems that now after all this time 1 person feels that its too powerfull and it needs to be changed. This is an item that bipeds can get and dragons cannot. Once again its a nerf to an in game item that helps bipeds directly.
    That fact that the scroll wasn't consumed like every other scroll in the game was a bug. The fact that it was buggy for over 2 years doesn't mean it wasn't buggy, just that it wasn't corrected. The fact that you were relying on the scroll's buggy behavior doesn't mean it wasn't buggy, just that you were exploiting a bug.

Bugs are code that do not behave the way the coder intended. A bug that is beneficial to players is no less a bug than one that is harmful. Although beneficial bugs probably have lower report rates.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty View Post
    Bugs are code that do not behave the way the coder intended...
    That is open to debate since we actually don't know what coder intended and it is really easy to be abused with claims along the line of "it was a bug that was never reported and we didn't knew that it behave that way". It happened alot in the last 12-14 months...
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

It's the "Master" scroll. The description alone separates it from all other scrolls.

I believe it was intended to be "re-usable". Its the end reward for the scholar scroll-making questlines.

It was never meant to be reusable. Its a scroll, all scrolls are consumed when used. That is how they were designed. Any that aren't are bugged. It wasn't fixed a year or more ago because this is the first time we'd heard it mentioned.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So is there going to be a formula so Geleon's Master Scroll can be reproduced as is the case with all other scrolls or is it going to be a one time use (otherwise completely useless) scroll?
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Any one time use quest reward is useless and pointless. Anything that makes the grind more bearable for bipeds is a good thing. Instead of patching it into a one time use thing, patch it so that it can be used multiple times. Quit sucking away the nice things from the game.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    It was never meant to be reusable. Its a scroll, all scrolls are consumed when used. That is how they were designed. Any that aren't are bugged. It wasn't fixed a year or more ago because this is the first time we'd heard it mentioned.
    Im sorry but something that has been in game for a year or more, whether it was noticed by the Powers to be or not, must not be so awesome or over powering for the game or it would of been noticed wouldn't it? It should not be removed now or watered down or anything. Leave it just as it is please. People have for long time used it and to some extent designed their play style with it, to remove it now after this late date is just wrong. Its not like its a god scroll for petes sake. Also quit designing one time use rewards, they are nothing more then irritating.

Smaug
    Last edited by Smaug; June 7th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    So is there going to be a formula so Geleon's Master Scroll can be reproduced as is the case with all other scrolls or is it going to be a one time use (otherwise completely useless) scroll?
    This is a good idea and one I have made a note of to myself to work on for the next update so that players can choose to do a quest to gain the formula. In addition, I plan on having the quest give a stack of the scrolls (5 or 10 probably).

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    This is a good idea and one I have made a note of to myself to work on for the next update so that players can choose to do a quest to gain the formula. In addition, I plan on having the quest give a stack of the scrolls (5 or 10 probably).
    The quest itself requires level 12 Scholar. The formula would be a T1 formula? Really? Seems like a wasted formula slot given the limitations already. If it comes down to mass producing T1 scrolls, why not just "fix" the existing scroll so that it is no longer a "bug" and is intended to be reusable. Cooler things have happened.
    rip

Give a limited number (5 to 10) is pretty much the same as use"less". Through out the rest of time in Istaria the question will become, do I use one of my precious limited scrolls or do I save for another day? Either will never get used or all used and gone quickly, might as well never have been.

Smaug

if they get to be craftable (same route that went Alhalla's potions) it will still be better than one time (ten time) use, but still not as good as its previous incarnation.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

The quest itself requires level 12 Scholar. The formula would be a T1 formula? Really? Seems like a wasted formula slot given the limitations already. If it comes down to mass producing T1 scrolls, why not just "fix" the existing scroll so that it is no longer a "bug" and is intended to be reusable. Cooler things have happened.

No, it would not be a T1 quest.

I'm talking to the tech team about a hotfix for the scroll until such time as I can make a quest.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 8th, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

Geleon's_Master_Scroll.jpg
    The existing quest reward item grants 1 minute effect, 1:30 recycle. Provides immunity to melee damage but not spells. 7 second cast time.

Looks pretty powerful and nice. 1:30 recycle is probably a bit too quick.

Why not just up the recycle to something like 15 minutes?

Oh and lower the cast time to 1 second. Then it would be like an ability you use in heat of combat. As it is now you use it before you start.

If it remains a 1 time quest reward, 1 minute effect is pretty pathetic.

If the plan is to make it craftable, what about the other scrolls given as quest rewards?

Geleon's Healing scroll
    70 delay, 1:30 recycle
    +8 power
    +8 focus
    heals 5%
    duration 24 seconds
    frequency 6 seconds

Geleon's Resistance Scroll
    70 delay, 1:30 recycle
    +8 flame resistance
    +8 energy resistance
    +8 ice resistance
    duration 1:00

Might need to be tiers of these. The duration is too short.
    Not sure how these fit in with the other scrolls, they might be redundant.

This would render the scroll useless. 15m cooldown I mean. Making them craftable and stackable is one thing that might help. Leave the effects and the cool down the same. Otherwise again your rendering this useless.

This item is a biped thing. Dragons have no use for it, nor can they do the quest. Dragons don't need the benefits from this item. Yet I see alot of feedback on this thread from dedicated dragon players. I find it discouraging, lets render something for bipeds useless. Alot of the other higher level biped players have not responded. Again I find this discouraging. I have a theory behind why the bipeds have not responded, but I won't go into that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Geleon's_Master_Scroll.jpg
    The existing quest reward item grants 1 minute effect, 1:30 recycle. Provides immunity to melee damage but not spells. 7 second cast time.

Looks pretty powerful and nice. 1:30 recycle is probably a bit too quick.

Why not just up the recycle to something like 15 minutes?

I fully support the idea of having quest to acquire a formula for this item. I had intended to make that suggestion myself, but Dacurly beat me to it. If we can get a formula for it, there will definately be crafters making it. As you can see, it is a popular item. And as a consumable it would even help the economy a bit as i know a number of folks who would certainly be regular customers for this.

That being said, my suggestion would be to leave the scroll exactly as it is, leave the quest reward at the single scroll, and have a follow up quest to acquire the formula to be able to make more.
    In my opinion the scroll is perfect as is, just turn it into a consumable that can be crafted and we all can continue to love this wonderful item. Thank you Amon for considering this.

"I'm talking to the tech team about a hotfix for the scroll until such time as I can make a quest. "

Looks like as usual what the majority want doesn't matter, they do what they want to do. Might as well move on.

You can pretty well bet a makeable scroll version will NOT be the same. Something will be done to make it fairly well useless.

Smaug

Really? You have got to be kidding. This just killed about 50% of my desire to play in one quick decisive blow, much like Critical Strike. This scroll has been around as long as Scholars started making scrolls, back around March 2010. This makes about as much sense as say, taking away Balit's Ring. I emplore you to abandon this idea and leave it alone!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I must be at a loss or looking at the wrong scroll, I did the quest line got the master scroll thingy clicked on it in inventory gave a cool glowing effect and lasted about long enough to recall and port and effect was gone and scroll was gone from inventory
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Thread Information