Trying to think of stun/mezz abilities that cause me grief: Chain Lightning is a killer! I think I read something, somewhere that it is to be changed so it doesn't indefinitely bounce between players, so assuming this applies to all mobs who have it, then that's a huge help. I believe that changing Paralyzing Gaze and Trepidation appropriately (ie. drastically reducing their timer, or substantially increasing their recycle, or simply making them single target) will go a long way to helping.

A short immunity following being mezzed/stunned/rooted would probably do more good than all other suggestions, simply because there are so many variables as to WHY a mob is to be stunned/mezzed/rooted. I think the WHY is the hidden issue. Some mobs stun us, so we like to make sure they can't, either by stunning/mezzing them, or by killing them very quickly. Some mobs do obscene amounts of damage, hence why they NEED to be stunned; think of it as damage mitigation, if we can longer stun them we need other ways to counteract this, either better heals, better armor, more evasion, or dropping their DPS.

In my experience, mezzes like Spellbind and its area counterpart are excellent for crowd control and break after being hit once. They are necessary since so many mobs are social. We NEED a way to hold back the swarms of enemies. Stuns are excellent for creating a short reprieve from being wailed on, giving precious moments to heal/rez/buff and use epic abilities/spells since they often take a long time to cast.

I think Spellbind/Area Spellbind should remain as they were, AND NO LINKED TIMER! Since Area Spellbind is not masterable, that only penalises Sorcerers. And it's not uncommon to miss with Area Spellbind, anyway. Adjust their timers/recycle if you must, but don't link them please.

In the end, the only major concern I personally have, is if Epic mobs cannot be stunned. Reklar is ridiculously hard as it is. Death points are virtually unavoidable. With Resurrection on a 1 miner timer now, I find myself more often in situations where group members have to twiddle their thumbs in wait... As you've pointed out Amon, it's no fun dieing due to perma-stun and it's no fun waiting to be rezzed either.

Please be very careful with what you change. Stuns/mezzes are part of our strategies, small changes can have very drastic impacts. As I've recently discovered SoG and Valkor each have Indomitable granting them obscene evasion (intended or otherwise?), resulting in the entire group missing while it is active. To top it off, Valkor seems buggy and has a few times now, had this ability active permanently. Please use the kid gloves with any changes :D

Happy hunting, see yas Istaria :)