Thread: Bloodmages of Istaria unite!

Default Bloodmages of Istaria unite!

*Expert Bloodbolt is the only expert spell form not in game.
    *It has been over 2 months as the only expert spell form not in game.
    *We can't cast stuns (which also means we cast only 2 of 4 nature AoE spells if we multiclass and gain nature skill )and are shorted in etherial armor, syphons, area syphonsand blight vs spiritist.
    *Our Instant life transfers are pathetic compared to self sacr. spell of equivalent level. ( which makes no sense )
    *Sure we gain a few nifty abilities that spiritists don't, but other than the detox abilitiesthe only 1with real potential is blight based - Constrict Blood. ( A cruel joke perhaps? )
    *I assume that all this class abuse from the devswas intended as an equalizer due to our haveing such a sweet bolt spell ( lv60 bloodbolt does a bit more damage than lv90 spirit bolt ). Haveing a great bolt losses it's charm when one is 30-40 levels above the best available version of that spell.

**We deserve a T4 Bloodbolt...perhaps if enough of us log trouble tickets about it we may get one... *sigh* I can dream can't I?

TheDom

Default Re: Bloodmages of Istaria unite!

I agree entirely!

Many of my friends used to tell me that my ability to solo was outstanding and that I did a great deal of damage. Sadly, I was mostly doing my bit to perpetuate the misconception by those friends that Bloodmage was actually really good as a school.
    In reality, the damage came from Spirit Bolt (this was prior to BloodBolt getting revamped) and most of the cool abilities were also from Spiritist (which I also had levels in).

Even the description of the class is misleading - making it seem that you can effectively distribute hitpoints taken from enemies to friends and party members, when Self Sacr was/is better.

Why not jaz Blood doll up a bit? Make it give more hitpoints back, make it last a lot longer and please, PLEASE let us give them to other players!
    Just fix it so that they can't be consigned, last 20 minutes and a person can only carry one in inventory at a time. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't get out of hand.

Besides, how cool would it be offering a small biped-shaped figure to your party-mates made of you own congealed blood, with instructions to EAT it? ;)

But seriously, please take a look at Bloodmage - there might not be many of us, but we tend to be dedicated and would love to be thrown a bone. Maybe Exsanguinate could be made useful etc?

Mordenkainen

You're wrong now mate...

It's a drop only form and Joaquim droped it on Unity

But i dont understand why its so cool ???

I only make 40-50 more domages than my improved spirit bolt V but i take 49 domage each time i use. And i can use it only in Blood so with paper armor...

Exavier

I do not agree. I have played bloodmage both multiclassing and alone and I find it a superb class, especially combined with healer.

Bloodmage does great damage, the drains on bloodbolt can be equaled with a paroxysm or something like that without much of a problem.

I like several of the abilities we gain.

Surely we could be 'upped' a little more but we are not that much in need

Endoc

hehe, does it say spirit 200? A bit of an overkill for a fledgling bloodmage to use no? ;)

anyhow, Bloodmage is a great class! (might get back in game next year... )

// Endoc

Mordenkainen, how did you get tier V techs on a tier IV spell? Three no less?

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Exavier

Tier IV bloodbolt is actually tier V..
    but since it starts at lvl 20 at tier I it has been pushed 20 lvls

Amon stated this was a bug, they will fix it but I don't know when

roleplayboy31

Does an adept count as an mage????

Trance

Just started playing and Bloodmage looks like an exciting class to play.
    I have so far gotten Lvl 20 mage and am working on Spiritist, about Lvl 8 atm.
    What else will I need?
    What kinda spells can I use?
    What kinda Armor can I wear?

Any info you can give me will be muchly appreciated [:)]

Trance

Aboroth

Hello bloodmages [:D],

My name is aboroth, one of the view elemenetal archers on chaos, i LOVE the school, and find i have everything i need as an elar, heals, mage type abbilitys, stuns, but my heals are spirt arrows and they the ability to give me 100 percent of damage done 30 pecent of the time, i am not interested in healer, psst, wow LOAD yourselv up with heals and keep getting your butt whoped lol, im looking for a way to somehow use abilitys to steal health and give it to me, can u possibly link me some masterable abailitys, or spells to see if i can use them,

Thank you for your time [H]

Abor,

The only things a bloodmage masters that can be used in combat are:

Channel Vitae (Heal over time/Damage over time)
    Syphon (One hit Drain)
    Area Syphon (Area Drain).

(soul link too?)

I am certain on channel vitae, I am guessing on syphon/area syphon/soul linkbecause I got those from 100 spiritist and only have 60 bloodmage, so maybe someone else can chime in (I have got to believe bloodmage gets them as well).

They also have an ability similar to spirit walk (blood shield?) and I'm not sure if it's masterable. It should be masterable because it doesn't stack with spirit walk or phoenix shield, and it's essentially identical (spirit walk being masterable, phoenix shield not). Spirit walk/Blood shield/phoenix shield essentially negate the next incoming attack that hits (zero damage). It's quite useful when you manage to intercept a multiple strike with it.

Best,
    -12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Thread Information