Thread: Not able to use old folders?

Question Not able to use old folders?

Hello every one,

I am returning after a long rest period. I started up my old folder for Istaria and when Jlauncher starts up the log in information is there but the login button is greyed out.

I figured that it was due to updates so I downloaded the newest version and installed. Launched it bare and it logged in fine. OK, back up old folder, copy from raw new folder to old folder. Bring back settings, update map files... Log in. And the login button is greyed out? This is the newest one!

Wipe all data in old folder and just copy contents from raw new folder to old folder. Start up and greyed out login button... What the heck?

Can someone tell me what has changed that I can only run from the last installed folder? Am I just doing something way wrong? Is there an .ini that needs fixed that I have forgotten?

Thank you in advance for all your help with this.

Default Re: Not able to use old folders?

Do you have a subscription? You would need one unless you've a free human account.
    rip

Yes I have a free AND 2 paid accounts (Yes I kept up on that). The lairs are there. The items are there. The only issue is that I can not play from any install or update any install except for the newest download. Even fresh copies in the same sub folder as the newest install do not work for some strange reason.

Have you checked firewall settings? Some programs are sensitive to directory paths.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Have you checked firewall settings? Some programs are sensitive to directory paths.
    Windows firewall disabled, other firewalls not installed.
    Windows firewall settings checked and rechecked.

Encase it helps, old version that worked was 2.6

I would try using a vanilla installation and edit your files manually one by one, testing them out along the way.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by grainger View Post
    Wipe all data in old folder and just copy contents from raw new folder to old folder. Start up and greyed out login button...
    Um, yup. Did that. As I said it is a RAW (Unaltered) install. The only difference being the location.

Where are the directories located? Are there any permissions that would conflict?
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by grainger View Post
    the log in information is there but the login button is greyed out.
    At least in my experience, a greyed out login button means that the launcher is unable to contact the login server. Given that the location of the launcher seems to play a role in your trouble, my guess is that you have some sort of internet security software running that will whitelist specific programs for outbound network access.

The support folks should be able to resolve your problem if you open a ticket.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Default (Solved) Re: Not able to use old folders?

After doing more digging I finely downloaded the latest version of the firewall I have used. It seems when I uninstalled it it left traces that plagued my earlier used programs.

Thread Information