Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 242 Discussion

Default Blight Update 242 Discussion

If Geleon's Master Scroll is stackable, what has actually happened to the scroll itself? (not a discussion, just not clarified, so bug?)
    rip

Default Re: Blight Update 242

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    If Geleon's Master Scroll is stackable, what has actually happened to the scroll itself? (not a discussion, just not clarified, so bug?)
    The scroll consumes itself when used. Completing Geleon's quest will give a stack of 10 now. A formula (and related quest) to make the scroll will be coming later.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So this is being implemented incomplete at what appears to be halfway finished? I daresay 10 is worth nothing.
    rip

Sorcerer

• Spellbind (debuff) is now known as Spellbound and lasts 15 to 30 seconds by Tier.
      • Area Spellbind now gives the same Spellbound debuffs as Spellbind.
      • Spellbind and Area Spellbind no longer share a timer.
      • Clarity 2 now operates as an Area-of-Effect ability, giving a 30 second immunity to both Stun and Mez to all group members within 15 meters of the target.

I am sorry but those changes to sorc in my opinion really stink, I thought spellbind and area spellbind were going to simply have the shared timer removed. Not have the shared timer removed and nerfed like this, clarity as a AoE to me is a poor choice from its more effective of being single target as it was oringally.

Please I am asking why sorc is getting nerfed so badly.

accidently posted in the wrong thread

Default Re: Blight Update 242 Discussion

I can see everything us sorcerer have said about spellbind ,area spellbind and clarity II just went in one ear and back out .. these changes still make sorcerer USELESS in a hunt .i suggest you try using a sorcerer in combat and see how you have screwed them up . if you want the Aoe(clarity II ) to work ,make it last until dispelled or the sorcerer dies .As per the shield changes thanks .now I know to forget about hunting Reklar for his shield pieces, lowering its block and armor stats makes it another useless item

Clarity 2 now operates as an Area-of-Effect ability, giving a 30 second immunity to both Stun and Mez to all group members within 15 meters of the target.
    Clarity II now has a 50% chance to be utterly useless, since if the sorcerer gets mezed when Clarity II is down, they can't use anything and the group is stuck until something happens. A good improvement would be to give sorcerers a passive Clarity effect. It doesn't make sense to have a sorcerer's job to be to crowd control enemies and prevent group members from being crowd controlled overmuch, when they have no way to ensure they're actually able to cast the spells they need to do their job.

My feelings about this whole mess i wish to simply say one thing regarding how spellbind, area spellbind , clarity 2 worked, "If it is not broke do not fix it" none of these abilites were ever broke and these "fixes" just broke at least 3 key abilities of the sorcerer school

Well starlight, that's the price for mind bolt and mind techs that were added to sorc. Some wanted the sorc to be improved and apparently this has to come at a cost.
    And yes, I agree with you - there was nothing wrong with the sorcs in the first place
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Clarity II now has a 50% chance to be utterly useless, since if the sorcerer gets mezed when Clarity II is down, they can't use anything and the group is stuck until something happens. A good improvement would be to give sorcerers a passive Clarity effect. It doesn't make sense to have a sorcerer's job to be to crowd control enemies and prevent group members from being crowd controlled overmuch, when they have no way to ensure they're actually able to cast the spells they need to do their job.
    thats
    and what Starlight and terrox and North say.

I have no idea what else to say or explain-to make clear what we are talking about.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 1st, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Lov you were right to put your opinions at the end .. you should not have editted them
    The dev team has shown us all that they DO NOT care if we are upset, annoyed or disappionted with these changes . They have their own agenda for Istaria !!!
    They will have to answer to their bosses sooner or later when more and more subs on Order are cancelled cause of these unnecessary changes

Well Starlight in our recent chat ingame I was right. They have no intentions of putting the Sorcerer back the way it was. In one thread they say it will be put back in the next update (which will be a while I guess) and then execute their real intentions of nerfing it. They know we don't want it that way but will force us to accept the changes anyway. But I guess they know what is best for us

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it is not true. We do care about the game and we do work hard to address player concerns. Delta 242 does this by reverting Clarity2 and will hopefully be going live this week or next.

However, we also talked in those same threads (and the Stuns thread) about how the issue that required the near-permanent-immunity to stun in the first place was the widespread overuse of stuns and in particular AoE stuns or spawn densities of mobs that stun.

And we said that we would work to address many of these issues that you all reported, but once we had Clarity2 would be changed so that it did not give a near-permanent stun. Players listed many stun abilities that were problems and we investigated many others and you can see from Delta 243 that we addressed many of those. There are likely others to address and I would ask that we work together to identify them, both spawns and stuns.

I am also open to more discussion on the issue and I would very much like to discuss a Sorcerer-only ability that does what many of you desire, giving a longer lasting stun-immunity. There are recent posts regarding that and I encourage you all to weigh in.

Delta 243 will be on Blight for a while as we plan on hopefully putting Crystalshaper in with it (so probably by the end of summer) so you still have a while changes in it go live.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; July 2nd, 2013 at 04:22 PM.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Amon for your response . we are always ready and willing to discuss these changes also , but we don't want to see a great class ruined . if we work together we can find a solution. some of us do like hunting with our sorcerer solo and we need something to protect them especially if clarityII and the spellbinds are going to be changed. but we can discuss that on the proper thread . again thanks and I apoliges if in the heat of the moment I said anything to upset you also

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    I think a passive, non-masterable mezz and stun immunity for Sorcerer class would be great. Clarity of Mind.

I disagree that Sorcerer is useless, especially when multiclassed with Mage. You got a full on set of flame/ice/energy bombs and other spells, plus mezz and area mezz, plus daunting mist which is the best crowd control in the game. Area spellbind was very useful for anchor and queen fights, and worth bringing a sorcerer or two to those hunts.

Sorcerer should be about crowd control, and about helping the group against the crowd control effects the mobs use. A passive immunity to those effects would insure the sorcerer is available to assist the group when something hits them, like Daknor's mezz or Gruk's mezzez/dots, reklar's mezz, or just general stuns from various ogre's, etc.

Clarity II, being a 30 second effect of immunity, seems at odds with how the fights go when mezzes will be used by mobs. You aren't necessarily going to know ahead of time that "ooh hey a mezz is coming up, group clarity!". A group aura that grants an effect which can remove the mezz after it has been applied (certain number of removals per effect, or certain number of removals per time period, etc.) is a much more useful way to implement the overall idea. The general idea is something that works similar to the Illustrious stand aura. which lasts say 45 seconds per application on the player, and is refilled every 45 seconds by the aura on the Sorcerer. Can be tiered so that say clarity II is the highest masterable version with 2 removals per 45 seconds, Clarity V the higher end version on the sorcerer class itself has access to, with up to say 5 removals per 45 second period. At least the sorcerer can be assisting in combat without worrying about "ok, should I use clarity II now? Is a mezz coming up?" That doesn't sounds nearly as useful. Maybe at the beginning of a pull it might be useful. But then once a fight is going, am I supposed to just use it soon as it cycles?

Get rid of clarity I as the plain cleanse effect it is now. Change it to an aura, which refills the effect on all group members every 45 (46?) seconds.
    Clarity I effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 1 use. Lvl 20 Refills itself every 45 seconds.
    Clarity II effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 2 uses. Lvl 40 Refills itself every 45 seconds.
    Clarity III effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 3 uses. lvl 60 Refills itself every 45 seconds.
    Clarity IV effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 4 uses. lvl 80 Refills itself every 45 seconds.
    Clarity V effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 5 uses. lvl 100 Refills itself every 45 seconds.

The removals over time could work similar to the cure poison effects, which you cast on yourself, and then they remove themselves after so many uses, or so much time passes. So the tech to accomplish it should be in game already.

Then there would be more reason to play as Sorcerer.

If the dev's think above is too powerful, then clarity 2 could be level 60, clarity 3 lvl 100. Or just make it non-masterable.

While I do agree that the 100% immunity, forever, even after changing schools and for other players, was overkill, I think the above is more useful than the proposed area effect idea. The spellbind changes I will need to test out to really have an opinion on. A spellbind effect that can handle a couple hits before it breaks is likely better than the original version.

Before players assume this would not be as good of a solution, think about the removals per time, and how often a mezzing mob or boss uses the mezz. For Daknor, who uses it every 30 to 45 seconds, mezzes would be a no problem whatsoever with a sorcerer in the group with clarity aura up, as the removals over the time period wouldn't get used up. Net effect is same as the old 100% immunity. (which isn't what the "original" clarity II was anyway for everyone wanting it "original").
    Last edited by Guaran; July 2nd, 2013 at 12:36 AM.

i can't believe I am say this.... but I like Gauran's suggestion . and if you still add in a confusion spell to manipulate the enemies mind I would be a very happy sorcerer.
    this is a well thought out solution to a difficukt problem

I like Guaran's suggestion. It gives a nice way to have a limit on the protection the skill gives so it can easily be adjusted as the game changes.

>.>
    <.<

And the name he thought up for the passive.
    Clarity of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Get rid of clarity I as the plain cleanse effect it is now. Change it to an aura, which refills the effect on all group members every 45 (46?) seconds.
    Clarity I effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 1 use. Lvl 20 Refills itself every 45 seconds.
    Clarity II effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 2 uses. Lvl 40 Refills itself every 45 seconds.
    Clarity III effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 3 uses. lvl 60 Refills itself every 45 seconds.
    Clarity IV effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 4 uses. lvl 80 Refills itself every 45 seconds.
    Clarity V effect - lasts 45 seconds, immunity to stun or mezz, removed after 5 uses. lvl 100 Refills itself every 45 seconds.

The removals over time could work similar to the cure poison effects, which you cast on yourself, and then they remove themselves after so many uses, or so much time passes. So the tech to accomplish it should be in game already.
    This is a really good idea Guaran, and I'll add my support to it. It would certainly still make it viable against a mob like Daknor.

Lowered the recycle on the Dragon ability, Primal Rebirth, to 600 seconds.
    Thank you devs!! That was a very nice surprise in the patch notes for blight.

Dragon's can now gather Papyrus using ingenuity.
    Cure Poison and Primal Cure Poison spells now have the "ranged" keyword allowing them to be techniqued with appropriate Range techs (Life Range or Primal Range).
    BattleMage

• Magus style now recycles every 60 seconds, while the buff lasts for 1 hour.
    • Shimmer Field now recycles every 60 seconds, while the buff lasts for 1 hour. It no longer shares a timer with Magus Style.
    • Lowered the recycle on Fiery Judge to 120 seconds.
    Thank you again. The battlemage changes are the ones I'm looking forward to trying out.

I'm looking through the notes for changes to stuns and mezzes on mobs and am quite happy with them. Nice job.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

The only issue not covered in the recent posts was the crowd control. daunting mist would fail if the target had a mez already on them, second daunting mist is not a mez or stun in anyway it is reduces the target running speed and increases the delay i know for a daunting mist IV is 25% base run speed and +10% delay. bomb spells break or broke spellbind and area spell bind. Debase is the same as daunting mist except it is single target. The only Area of Effect mez spell biped had was area spellbind. This was THE only aoe mez in the game all other mez type abilites are single target

The next thing on the list is battlemage according to the jlauncher battlemages can not wear platemail or chainmail? I thought this was addressed and that the armor they can wear would not be changed from its orginal state so why is it being changed. I am sorry but now im am getting to the point of frustation to cancel my sub from all these pointless adventure school changes. Secondly If you DO mess up battle mage by taking away their platemail armor, will the dev team givem every single player in the game that has battlemage gear the teched platemail armor suit as they should have or just going to force every player to either drop battlemage school or go through all the trouble of regathering all the comps and finding somebody to remake the armor if they can not make it themselves. when amon said "Hotfix restoring armor to Battlemages is now on Blight." in thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...eam-BattleMage on the first page. Does this mean the devs are going back on their word in a sense. PLease correct me if my version of horizons Jlauncher is incorrect.

The armor for Battlemages was fixed in a hotfix a while back.

This was THE only aoe mez in the game all other mez type abilites are single target

Area Spellbind is still an AoE mez even in the new upcoming patch. That did not change.

The aura idea is interesting... and giving it an ablative effect so that it fades definitely adds to its balance.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; July 2nd, 2013 at 10:29 AM.

Thread Information