Thread: Son of Gigaroth (Stunnable or not?)

Default Son of Gigaroth (Stunnable or not?)

It was brought up in the Blight notes, where someone asked about SoG being stunnable or not, and the follow up comment that Dragon's Fear will still work (which is actually a Mezz, not a Stun... but who really knows the difference).

Firstly, I'd like to apologies to my fellow Chaosians for my extended absence. This is in no way a reflection of my feelings about the game, I've just been hella busy back to Uni for a graduate program. For those out there who I enjoyed hunting Valkor with this year, as soon as he is viable again (ie. not stuck with his ******** Indomitable buff), I'll totally be there in a flash!! Please PM me if hunts are still occurring semi-regularly and I'll promise to log in more often in an effort to help. Since I have all the weapons now, I feel like a really rude bastard for not logging in for such a long time

But, back to the topic at hand.

I'm hoping that he is only stun-immune when Fearlessness is active. Last I checked, it lasts 30secs with a 5min recycle. This is not new, although depending on how long you've been hunting him, it might be new for you. Don't despair, just stay alive for those 30 secs and then everything is back to 'normal'.

Apologies if I am actually wrong on this matter, but I didn't want people flaming about Epic mobs being stun immune
    That aside, would it be so wrong if they were stun immune? We all know it sucks when you cannot get a group together, but 2 or even 3 healers should have no problems keeping even a full group alive against this beast. Well, best of luck!

Happy huntings, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Son of Gigaroth (Stunnable or not?)

I've checked him (Valkor) a couple times in the past month or so, and he seems to be fixed on Order.

but 2 or even 3 healers should have no problems keeping even a full group alive against this beast.
    Managed to get him down with one healer/3(Ithink?) ancients on the live server, where he -is- only immune to thingies when his buffs are up, which have quite a long cooldown.

An nice to see you back >

Default Re: Son of Gigaroth (Stunnable or not?)

I spoke too soon! *rambles about Valkor and his evasiveness* ;-;

(which is actually a Mezz, not a Stun... but who really knows the difference).
    You can hit a stunned target as much as you like within the duration (Ex: Shocking Blast). A mez breaks on one hit (or two hits in the case of upcoming changes) Ex: Spellbind

Since I have all the weapons now
    Oh, congrats~!

Thread Information