Thread: Seeking Mentorship, or a Dragon family? Post here.

Default Seeking Mentorship, or a Dragon family? Post here.

Started this thread to give new players and old alike a place to post some information about their character and what they are looking for (Be it adoption, mentorship, etc.)

As always I am more than happy to be a mentor or A'meo to new hatchlings myself.

I would stress that you place a biography of your character here along with your requests! This way others can get to know your character.

-Silithus
    Last edited by Silithus Zerr; August 8th, 2013 at 10:05 PM.
    Lunus Ancient Dragon - 100 Adv. 100 Craft. 100 Lair. 49 CrystalShaper
    Feel free to add me on Facebook: [email protected]

Default Re: Seeking Mentorship, or a Dragon family? Post here.

Oooh-! Nifty idea; I really hope it catches on!

I-... I guess I can bite with my hatchling, Vasken (Level 51/40). His profile can be viewed here! It's a little out-dated (I've oodles of pictures to add to it!), but it hopefully gives off an idea of the character. I'm up for anything, whether it's adopting, mentorship or just good ol' fashioned roleplay.

Short, chubby and somewhat mind-addled, Vasken appears to be the very epitome of your average hatchling. His scales, bright blue in colour, are splattered with splotches of a lighter shade. His lips always seem to be curled into a well-meaning, although absent-minded, grin. While a little small, he's still bursting with a hatchling's typical enthusiasm for everything that moves or sparkles.

Although he attempts to remain upbeat and optimistic in front of others, his features sometimes crumple into a downhearted frown whenever he's alone.

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

Where ever my mate is sleeping...otherwise,wherever Murnos isn't.

Well,I'm not exactly looking for a family/mentor but...my mate and I are waiting for a few eggs to hatch if anyone is intrested in having a kind,carring and helpful family.

I have several lonely hatchlings
    cryzar: Description; blue with purple splotches, and silver chest scales, TRex head
    Elemental. she is of the water. Cryzar was hatched near the lakes of Crystal Tears, submurged after a massive flood hit the area, her egg was waterlogged, but survived. with her primal energies, she was able to absorbe the water`s element, there for giving her the power to not only control water, and ice, but transform into water. Which comes quite usefull when in need of a fast escape. Very friendly, and playful, but also quite shy. She can be found playing in Pratts Pond.

Ryzaak: Black with green tiger stripe, and green chest scales, Earfin head. Blighted at hatching, Ryzaak was a lone hatchling in the Eastern Deadlands. Alone, and afraid, not knowing his illness of the blight, he traveled to Skalkaar, and begin learning to hunt, and craft. He is unaware of his blightness, however curious about his glowing green hue. he`s not evil. however he gets raged easily due to the blight in his blood.

Gramorrkh: Black with green lateral stripes, dark grey chest scales, large nosed fin fined/horn head.
    Gramorrkh is a loner. hatched on the ledge of a steep mountain with out a nest, he fell nearly to his death, but recalled to skalkaar. there he explores the new found world he hatched in, not knowing who his family is, or even what he is! He often hangs out with the wolves of New Trismus, and sleeps in their den.

Alykai: Blue with green thin lateral stripes, gold chest scales, TREx head. alykai is one with nature. He`s like a druid, only not as powerful or attuned. However he can summon plants to grow around him. guesse you could call him the plant whisperer.
    He lost his parents in a great battle again the withered aegis. Though his parents were not gifted, he is. Now he roams Istaria, fending for himself, learning to hunt, and sleeps anywhere he can find shelter.

I presume that this thread would also be the proper place for those willing to provide mentorship; if not, please feel free to thrash me with a fyakki haunch.

Tondargaet Glit is an adult drake, with brilliant white scales and light turquoise highlights; there's an excellent possibility that he will begin the Ancient Rite of Passage quite soon...although, as with everything else in his life, Tondar is taking a measured, unhurried approach to the ARoP.

While certainly not reclusive, Tondar is much more comfortable with his books, scrolls and crystals than he is with intensive interactions with others; he's more than willing to help those requiring assistance, and will quite often volunteer this help...but, his personality keeps the relationship from going too much further. Tondar's main joy and focus is in seeking knowledge...he will happily spend hours absorbing the tales and legends of Dragon history, as well as the lore of all the other Living Races. To him, knowledge is knowledge, and has value, regardless of the source.

Tondar is a member of the Helian faction, although, given his pre-Gifted upbringing in a Helian/Lunus family, there are aspects of the Lunus tradition that have entered his personal philosophy. He tends to be friendly towards non-Dragon beings, while, at times, being a bit condescending towards these naka-duskael. He is certainly not the stereotypical Helian "spell-caster," either; while quite adept at using the Prime to deal damage from afar as well as during melee, Tondar is highly proficient - and, quite deadly - when the combat becomes up-close-and-personal. Having said that, however, Tondar approaches combat in the same way he deals with everything else: examining the prey carefully, scouting the area, and preparing himself fully before engaging in an attack.

Tondar would not be at all interested in a familial relationship with a hatchling, or, for that matter, with another adult/ancient Dragon. As a traditionalist, though, he would feel it to be his duty to assist in the training of hatchlings, and could well form a "mentor/apprentice" relationship with one or two hatchlings. And, with his personality, this relationship would almost certainly remain strong even after the hatchling ascends to adulthood and Ancient status.

Whether Tondar goes out of his way to find such a relationship remains to be seen...much more likely would be a casual acquaintance turning into the mentor/apprentice role...or, a hatchling seeking a mentor, coming to Tondar.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Thread Information