Thread: Who controls the Blight?

Question Who controls the Blight?

I'm not sure if this a lorish discussion but I noticed that there isn't really a ruler/commander(s) of the Blight in Istaria, the mylocs have a queen, wouldn't the blight have a ruler they look up too? I mean in the Valor and Vigilance quest line Urgat controls the blight in NT but he can't be the only commander could he? I know theres Reklar and his a warlord but it doesn't seem like he would be the 'ruler' to me.
    Starting Oct 8 2013 this forum account wont be used anymore, new account is Satturn

Default Re: Who controls the Blight?

That would be Torrin.
    Once upon a time, in a magical land called Istaria, humans sought knowledge of magic. Amongst those striving to learn and harness the energies in the realm, was a man called Torrin. And I can't remember the part that goes here. Something about hatred or something or other. But anyway, Torrin, in his pursuit of power, managed to tap into the realm of blight and summon forth the creatures of blight and necromancy. The said creatures he commaned, and ravaged Istaria, and thus started the war against the withered aegis.
    Torrin is essentially the leader of all leaders of the withered aegis.

Torrin Macalir would be the "creator" after reneging on Niatha Moraven's Deal.

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Istaria

The NPC's on the crescent moon island in NT will tell the ages.
    rip

Ahhh that makes a hole lot of sense. Is he in the game as a npc or anything or is he just in the lore?
    Starting Oct 8 2013 this forum account wont be used anymore, new account is Satturn

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOfTheFirstDawn View Post
    Ahhh that makes a hole lot of sense. Is he in the game as a npc or anything or is he just in the lore?
    Don't know if he is currently in game in any quest or general spawn capacity. We're talking before The Ritual and afterwards to present day of the Empire.
    rip

oks it would be cool if he was a boss though.

Torrin Macalir created the Withered Aegis and commanded them, until he was killed by Ryson Stormbringer at the Battle of Tazoon. There is no current single leader that the Gifted know of, just lots of factions vying for control of the Cabal.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I have seen several quests referencing the "Lich King" not sure if that would refer to Torrin or not but they seem to imply that this figure is still alive.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information