Thread: Updating without Launching

Default Updating without Launching

Question and possible suggestion:

If it's available I have not found it, and since my subscription will be expiring early next month...

Is there a way to update/patch the game without needing to log-in and or launch the game? Like today for instance - it would be nice to just be able to update/patch the game without actually launching or 'entering' the game. Later on after my subscription expires...it would also be nice to keep the game up-to-date without having to do a massive, multi-hour* update when I'm able to return in 6-9 months.

Aaelefein

*I might have DSL, but it's only 768k (best available where I am) and patching any game seriously impedes any other internet usage. It is much easier and preferred to patch 10-20mb every so often than having to wait a few hours for a larger (or catch-up) patch.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Updating without Launching

You could use a free human account, but that would be stupid just for patching reasons. Perhaps you could find another use with it such as storage.

I haven't tried logging into an account with an expired subscription. Does it prevent you from logging in at all into the launcher? If not, you would be able to patch when at the launcher, just not able to log in (no available login slots).
    rip

The ability to patch, but not log in doesn't exist. I can check with the developers on having this feature introduced in the next launcher update.

That would be very helpful, thank you
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist

Saw the notes for the new blight patcher - thank you Dev's (I'm sure others will find it useful too)

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers

Thread Information