Thread: Reducing Class Levels / Adventure Rating

Default Reducing Class Levels / Adventure Rating

I heard that there is a way to remove class levels from your character, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Could someone explain? Do you remove all levels you've gained in a specific class or do you get to pick how many you want to drop (say Warrior level 30 to Warrior level 20).

I couldn't find info about it on the wiki so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Reducing Class Levels / Adventure Rating

I'm not too experienced with bipeds, but I believe you can only completely drop a class by talking to someone in I thiiinnnkkk Dalimond? I'm not sure, but there's no way to simply de-level. You have to remove the class entirely.

Okay... well, I may have to live with that then. Thanks for the answer!

Do you know if you can drop prerequisite classes? IE, can I drop the Mage class that I needed to become a Spiritist that I needed to become a Reaver?

It depends which server board I think is which.

I think you can still keep the class as long as you have the skills necessary for it (so you wont lose the ability to use your abilities), but I'm not too sure about that, so don't take my word on it. Might want to wait till someone more experienced with bipeds replies ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I think you can still keep the class as long as you have the skills necessary for it (so you wont lose the ability to use your abilities)
    That!
    You can indeed take one of the 'base' classes away, but keep in mind it will take away too it's skills and such. Of course though, most prestige classes will of course give a bigger bonus to skills than the base class and will have the mostly the same abilities as the base class.

I had to do Cleric up to level 20 to join Healer shcool... now I can drop Cleric and still be able to use Healer?

When you drop a class, you drop the class entirely. I am not sure of the ramifications of dropping a requisite school for a hybrid or prestige. I believe a couple people on Chaos had said it caused some problems school-wise of using certain abilities. Honestly, I would advise against it. None of the 4 basic or 3 hybrid schools are a waste. It's the prestigious schools that get you and your rating.

Try it and post. Would be interesting to see if dropping CLRC effects HLR.
    rip

I'd be interested to hear the results as well.

I love the multiclassing system, but I do wish there was a way to let classes atrophy as opposed to dropping them entirely. In the end I think I'll just start a new character to try out the Reaver class... I'm not sure if I'll ever leave New Trismus at this rate. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    That!
    You can indeed take one of the 'base' classes away, but keep in mind it will take away too it's skills and such. Of course though, most prestige classes will of course give a bigger bonus to skills than the base class and will have the mostly the same abilities as the base class.
    But Prestige schools start at level 20. So you are nerfing your prestige school by deleting the pre-requisite school.

I would recommend against deleting any schools. The effect on your rating isn't that much really. And to really properly power up a multiclassed character, you will want nearly all the base schools at 100. Mage, Warrior, Monk, Healer. Scout is good for some runspeed buffs. Spiritist is good for spirit bolt (useful for leveling alt schools), area syphon (area lifetap/heal), syphon (lifetap/heal), Spirit Walk (100% absorbs one incoming attack).

Mage maxes out Power and Flame skills, plus armor use.
    Warrior maxes out Health, Armor Use, Shield Use, 1 hand slash, 1 hand crush, 1 hand pierce, 2 hand slash, 2 hand crush. Some of these are needed for equipping the t6 priceless weapons, even for a school like mage or druid.
    Monk maxes out Unarmed (good for quite combat when a crafting tool is equipped), Dexterity, Evasion.
    Healer maxes out Life, Focus, Augmentation skills. Life of course increases the healing your Revitalize spells can do. Augmentation skill is needed to cast buffs like Gift of Strength, Enhance Power, Surge of Armor, etc. Focus increases all spell chance to-hit, healing (adds to life skill), magic evasion.
    Scout maxes out Bow, Armor Use. Gives a passive +10 runspeed, plus an ability with (I think) +40 runspeed for 1 or 2 minutes, 5 min recycle.
    Spiritist will max out spirit skill, blight skill and magic evasion. Those spells are usable in other schools

I joined some of the hybrid schools (Spiritist, Druid, Monk) before they required pre-requisite schools/levels.

Spiritist --> 10 levels of Mage
    Monk --> 10 levels of Warrior
    Druid --> 10 levels of Cleric

I had to go back and do some of the pre-requisite schools before I could rejoin my hybrid schools.

Based on that, I would have to say dropping any of the pre-requisite schools would just make you go back and re-level them again.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

The person that starts the short quest, to drop a school is Ethien the Tempered. He stands on some rocks, by the lighthouse in Dalimond at 22679/27997 . He then sends you to Kesset the Grey, located in the building where the spellcrafter trainer stands outside (first building to the left, if you're standing in front of the portals. Note the quest and main chat. After speaking to him, he makes you wait about 1-2 minutes to think about what you're doing. Then speak to him again when the timer is up and it shall be done.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

You delete a prerequisite class then the prestige class is locked until you meet the prerequisites to enter it again. So if you delete cleric you won't be able use healer. Although you will still have all the mastered skills.

not that i know of

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

In my experience, removing the prerequisite class only prevents you from re-joining the school that requires it. If you no longer need or want to level Healer, or if you are going to permanently stay healer, then removing Cleric would be ok. If you want to switch back and forth between Healer and another class, then you'll have to keep Cleric.

It's possible to turn the game into a painful grind if you try to level too many classes at once. If you have 10+ classes all in the 30s or 40s you'll want to delete some base classes, at least for a while. (The better way is to level a few classes all the way up, then level the others, but I was curious to see how doing them all at the same time was.)

--

Thread Information