Thread: Abandoned Lairs and Fixable lair materials

Lightbulb Abandoned Lairs and Fixable lair materials

I thought through this alot..

I got this idea about adding abandoned lairs in the large blight areas, (Northern Deadlands,Eastern Deadlands, Western Deadlands..) the lairs wouldn't buy able by anyone . The lairs inside would have some undead walking around and a ghost dragon with high hp (depending on the level area of course). The lair would look abit destroyed too.
    But also, inside the lair you could go to a broken/destoryed part of the lair and you could gather from it and you would get this broken lair material, and if you had the formula for it, you could remake it into fixed lair material. (Alot like the broken scales)
    Starting Oct 8 2013 this forum account wont be used anymore, new account is Satturn

Default Re: Abandoned Lairs and Fixable lair materials

I like the idea of repaired parts for lairs

>.>

Would be nice if we could actually buy lairs in the deadlands too, though - perhaps a quest chain / kill requirement for claiming a deadlands lair. Could have unexpected blighted things pop up as well.

Yeah it would be nice to buy lairs in the deadlands, but it would suck trying to get your hatchie friends there xD
    Starting Oct 8 2013 this forum account wont be used anymore, new account is Satturn

I do recall some quest or other talking about the "lost art of lairshaping" and I wondered... where are all the lost lairs? They all seem very much lived in or fresh for the building. Abandoned lairs, particularly in blighted areas could show a bit more of this history in-game. I don't think player-purchasable lairs in deadlands would be a good idea personally... too much bother with swarms of mobs (but maybe that's just the terrified inner hatchie coming out). Then again that would conflict with the whole idea of the Withered Aegis taking over the lands that are now blighted and spreading their influence further. Wouldn't really be conquered if anyone could just up and live there would it?

Mining the broken parts seems a bit too simple for me, too easy to just load up a cargo disk with a ton of broken parts to make a ton of lair parts. That would take away any incentive to level the admittedly complex and annoying lairshaping school the way it was originally designed to work.

I do think loot-able broken parts could be a good idea similar to how the broken scales (& etc.) work. Perhaps mobs similar the Azulars in Helian's tomb could be used to drop the parts (they are made of old dragon building parts right?). Abandoned lairs in the deadlands could house these mobs which would then drop the broken parts (obviously they would drop a bit more often than the broken _____ parts since that would be the point of the mobs). Both the mobs and the parts that they drop would of course be of the same tier as the deadlands they were found in.

Another possible idea: have the broken parts required for special murals or rooms (possibly storage expansions???)
    And to be fair to the ever-forgotten bipeds: I do think if this is even considered some of the captured cities like Rachival should have areas where similar broken building materials could be found for bipeds.

Anyways I'm probably just rambling at this point so I'm just gonna leave this here.

Yeah i know, it seems a bit too simple for just gathering the parts in one spot. But i don't really have any other ideas for what could hole other parts to make the lair shaping material. Mobs dropping them would be odd, and gathering from one place is too easy. But i do agree that maybe the azulars could hold some of the parts, but you have to do the questline to get into helian's tomb, so you would have to be done with that hole questline to be able to do any fixing with lair materials.

The special murals and rooms for the broken parts is a good idea too!

And of course i forgot to be fair to the poor bipeds and let them join in the fixable plot materials fun.. (im so sorry )
    The biped idea is cool for having them gather materials in like Rachival.

Personally, i don't like the fixable lair materials. It just doesn't fit the game -- most lair mats would've A: gone tainted, they'd have to be cleansed if any were salvaged B: simply decomposed, rusted etc. Making a lair with such unstable materials just wouldn't feel right, nor would it fit to traditional lairshaping.
    I do however love the idea of getting comps for special murals etc. Say - taking down a boss mob (you mentioned the high hp dragon) that would drop a particular component (much like how the queen drops her hair) only able to be used in making a mural and such. ((Also thinks this would work especially well in the ED - t6 mobs and such means grouping is probable in raiding such a lair in ED ))
    I love the idea of abandoned lairs!! Though i don't think they should be able to be owned by anyone. I also think perhaps (maybe as some form of world event??) the said lairs would have bits of corridoors collapsed, rooms full of rubble etc. that you'd have to clear to continue exploring into them, by, much of how lairshaping is, contributing resources.

I actually love this idea of being able to find semi constructed plot parts both Dragon/biped that need to be cleaned before being used. Could be an interesting alternative for loot. However I would say make the drops rare enough that it's much quicker to simply craft. After all its . Not to replace conventional gathering.

But I agree that the plots/lairs should absolutely NOT be available for sale.

And azath... is this idea really any different to wearing blighted gear? Although I personally don't like blighted gear either. Or at least I think it should require cleansing

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    A: gone tainted, they'd have to be cleansed if any were salvaged B: simply decomposed, rusted etc. Making a lair with such unstable materials just wouldn't feel right, nor would it fit to traditional lairshaping.
    Actually, why not put some of those unused blighted and cleansing forms to good use? I don't see why they couldn't be used to cleanse tainted lair materials.

And for B. Well why not have a repair form? We alrady do it with broken dragon scales and biped weapons and jewelry already? How is it different to make it repairable?

I do however love the idea of getting comps for special murals etc. Say - taking down a boss mob (you mentioned the high hp dragon) that would drop a particular component (much like how the queen drops her hair) only able to be used in making a mural and such. ((Also thinks this would work especially well in the ED - t6 mobs and such means grouping is probable in raiding such a lair in ED ))
    I agree here. It would be nice to have the ED be a more viable hunting ground again. Everyone seems to go to Doom these days, and the ED just seems to have fallen off the face of things unless you are doing a quest or an epic.

I love the idea of abandoned lairs!! Though i don't think they should be able to be owned by anyone. I also think perhaps (maybe as some form of world event??) the said lairs would have bits of corridoors collapsed, rooms full of rubble etc. that you'd have to clear to continue exploring into them, by, much of how lairshaping is, contributing resources.
    I love this idea as well, and surely can see bits of rubble and even some baddies in them. In fact there is a perfect place in the ED that is mostly empty where they could put these abandoned lairs that would make sense! There's all that area of the southern ED near the old bridge to Draak that is nothing but fyakki and blighted forest. There really isn't anything major down there at all except the old bridge to Draak. It makes sense to me to put something dragon'ish down there as Draak was supposed to be this huge center of learning for dragon kind at one point.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post

I love this idea as well, and surely can see bits of rubble and even some baddies in them. In fact there is a perfect place in the ED that is mostly empty where they could put these abandoned lairs that would make sense! There's all that area of the southern ED near the old bridge to Draak that is nothing but fyakki and blighted forest. There really isn't anything major down there at all except the old bridge to Draak. It makes sense to me to put something dragon'ish down there as Draak was supposed to be this huge center of learning for dragon kind at one point.
    theres also the area in the northern edge of the ed that COMPLETELY empty perhaps either a corrupted settlement and a couple of lairs...

Perhaps have the cenotaph mobs hold these peices/forms and give these npc s a purpose again.

To Azath: The world event idea sounds cool, like a dungeon run in a huge destroyed lair. ED has been empty of people alot unless its like an epic hunt. And it is the biggest Blight spot in Istaria so it should be used more.

To Calyndrell: I agree the cleansing idea is cool

Personally, i don't like the fixable lair materials. It just doesn't fit the game -- most lair mats would've A: gone tainted, they'd have to be cleansed if any were salvaged B: simply decomposed, rusted etc. Making a lair with such unstable materials just wouldn't feel right, nor would it fit to traditional lairshaping.
    This sums up my thoughts as well.

I really like the idea of abandoned/overrun/haunted lairs with mobs in it.. Some quest material there... Maybe make a few invisible mobs even... nasty little undead hatchies that attack you but that you can't see. But you can select and kill.

If one or 2 lairs were for sale out in ED, I don't see the problem with that either. It's optional for someone to buy it. Might be some RP reasons for someone to want to live out there.

I don't really like the idea of "repaired" lair materials. Seems too easy. It would just be a one stop lair materials gathering place.

I do like the idea of tough mobs in ED like Daknor, Fafnir, Sog, Reklar, Gruk, maybe Valkor too, dropping the occasional rare bit that's a lair mural component. The lower mobs could also have a rare chance to drop different ones, maybe for those it might take 20 of the items to complete their Mural. Each mob would drop a comp for a different mural. Some mural designs might even require bits from multiple mobs.. Someone would need to design a bunch of new murals though.. where's Nambroth? He has made some sweet ones.

Thread Information