Thread: Add loot action to action window

Default Add loot action to action window

Add loot action to the action window for newbies.

Default Re: Add loot action to action window

Quote Originally Posted by eighty View Post
    Add loot action to the action window for botting.
    Fixed.

It's cool, you know what you really want. I don't blame you.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Fixed.

Ease up. It would only open the loot window, not actively loot for you as well.

And I think this would be a good idea. Everything should be accessible through the UI in some way or another. Given the discussions that have occurred mentioning ways to improve the UI to better suit people's expectations having come from other MMO's and 'newer' games, this makes sense to me.

Once you realise right-click offers many different options depending on what you click on, it might be obvious to some that this is the intended method to loot. But right-clicking on the specific mob you want can be quite difficult (unless you use /setscale which you still need to activate manually via pref file editing), and unless it's mentioned in a tutorial somewhere, how else would you know how to loot? Seems like a pretty logical idea to put such a commonly used action onto the action bar/window, don't you think?
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Kida

I never even knew this wasn't on the action window in the first place, and it really should be. Dracillion, you seriously do need to ease up. Ease of access =/= botting, are you nuts?

I personally love GW2's method of looting; I just press F near a corpse and poof, done. If I don't have the space to carry loot, it tells me this. But such easy access is not something that'll happen in Istaria anytime soon, unfortunately.

Honestly, how the hell is bringing up one more option in a menu that can be bypassed anyway by double-clicking considered "botting"? The logic is completely missing from that argument.

Yeah I admit that was harsh, and I am sorry for interpreting it as I did.

/loot is a command that will serve the function desired.
    /loot is shown in /help.

I do not know of a game that does not have /help. If newbies are rushing through Spirit Isle or Skalkaar, sorry that is their fault.
    rip

/loot is a command that will serve the function desired.
    While that is indeed true, and I use a hotkey combining that with setscale and cycle corpse, I doubt that any of those concepts are discussed in a tutorial, as they would be considered advanced functions. And should we really be expecting people to be using text commands to perform the most basic and necessary functions, especially given we've been using GUI's for decades? just my two bobs.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Fixed.

In the first place, adding a loot action to the action window wouldn't affect botting.
    In the second place, the tutorial doesn't mention keyboard commands at all.
    In the third place, I have had to explain how to loot to several newbies.
    In the fourth place, I don't use the action window.

I know I've said this on some other part of the forums: teaching some basic commands (or at least /help for those new to the gaming world) in the tutorial would save a LOT of hassle for new players learning the game.

Since nearly everyone has /loot set up to a hotkey anyway, what would the harm be in adding it to the actions window if it would do exactly the same thing? Simply cutting out the process of creating the key player-side.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Know for sure the biped tutorial DOES teach how to loot. So if you encountered newbies that did not know how, then they skipped the tutorial more than likely. Can't say for sure about the Dragon tutorial, but I'd bet it does teach it as well.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information