Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

Thank you Guaran, I've already generated three versions of the Istaria map on my own the last weekend. Cegaiel and me decided to provide three versions in future of the map pack:
    - Standard one (resolution of 256x256 pixels per map piece for the Istaria map), all the maps about 25 MB
    - Medres (384x384 pixels for the Istaria map), all the maps about 35 MB
    - Highres (512x512 pixels for the Istaria map), all the maps about 60 MB

On my computer it makes no difference wether I use the lowres or highres one, but there might be older computers where the size of the map does matter, so we decided to provide all three versions of map. It will take some days to finish up the maps (adding lakes, ponds and some rivers) and some fine tuning here there. The detail maps are all done and working. I can say the highres one really looks a lot nicer then the low res one

So I think even Knossos will get what he dreamed off
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I just saw your post after I made my post (been out of town on holiday)

I do have many fixed files already, you may want. Corrected water on some edges such as east of werewolf isle, north of drakul, east of Saritova. Plus that new little island I mentioned previously (the download link should work now). Edit: grrr I think the dns is down again, I will provide a new link once I get home.

Ok, here is the full big map update, Istaria Map only, normal resolution, with water fixed under Floating Island, Elnath, Pool of Teeth, Elmnic, Skulk camp near Heart, Spire lake. IstariaMapupdate.zip

Another peek at the island west of the Abandoned Island: 27_46

I'll leave it to Terao to do all the dungeons and elsewhere zones like Isles of Battle, etc.
    Last edited by Guaran; December 2nd, 2013 at 11:14 PM.

nice work everyone, the images look great
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

A high-res Istaria map here, unzip to resources_override

Updated the above map with some additional fixes.

Also patched to blight to do some additional testing. They fixed the map sector size setting in the client, so there's 2 files needing updated for when the blight client goes live:
    http://68.229.198.38:8080/horizons/f...nt_highres.zip

This applies to the high res map only.

Quick update: before about 11pm central time friday, if you downloaded the highres update, i forgot one folder in the unzip path, so it put the files in the slightly wrong spot.. just go into resources_override\ you should see interface (my new high res map) and resources (Terao/Ceg's map pack). just move the interface folder into resources, should fix it.

The tiny fix I posted above shouldn't be needed now.

The original link above to the high res map now points to a fixed zip, so new downloads are fixed and the files go properly into the map pack. Link: High-res Map unzip this into resources_override.

Edit: ok the fix may be needed for some users. I'm not sure why, but for some users, the file
    map_istaria_terrain.def

the top 2 lines read,

float SectionWidth = 256
    float SectionHeight = 256

For some users they need to be set to 512. For others, 256.

Mine works on 256 but not 512. Some others who downloaded it needed the 512.

So, the fix zip file might still be needed if you get a patchwork ingame map. Either edit the file above which is located in resources_override\recources\interface\maps\istari a, or just download the zip fix and unzip it into resources_override. Then you can type /loadui in the game chat window to fix it (If still logged in).
    Last edited by Guaran; December 7th, 2013 at 04:37 AM.

Happy 10th Anniversary Istaria!

We have a fantastic release (12.7.2013) that perfectly coincides to the timing of the anniversary

• This release also includes the latest Dalimond and Aughendell maps (currently only on Blight patch as of the today) provided by the Istaria Dev team, thanks for the new maps!

• Thanks Guaran for your updates to the ponds, rivers, lakes, we have imported about 40 of your istaria terrain tiles into this release. Credit to all the images are in the Update Notes.

• Thanks Terao for the hard work on this release, including many updated maps and converting all the images to Low, Medium and High resolutions.

As of this release, you now have a choice of 3 resolutions of the Istaria Map in Low (256x256), Medium (384x384) and High (512x512) resolution (pixels) to download.

Note the 256x256 Low version is what the game currently uses and all previous version of map pack uses. But now you have a choice to use higher/sharper versions of the map.

Be sure to view the Update Notes (which also shows a link to a before/after preview of the new maps)

December 7, 2013 Map Pack 3.7:
    Update Notes
    Download (Low, Medium or High resolution)
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Nicely done folks, looks great
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

I just updated with new patch and my map marker on map pack 3.7 dissappeared .. help please?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

yeah the new patch removed char map marker from all versions. only the generic one pops up after a while being stood still but my little dragon icon is gone byebye :/

I just updated to map pack 3.7 dated dec 7/2013 and now all i can get is the circle with the arrow marker . Is there a way to get the green dragon marker back .. all the changes to makers in themes does nothing . green dragon is set to map_indicator_direction.png

There are directions on the maps download page that explain how to choose from 4 possible cursors for the player icon on the map.

@Sindala - Grab the Dec 7, 2013 Map pack. It fixes that issue.

@Terrox - I just tested it, I can change back to green dragon with no problem. Make sure you're changing the filename in the resources_override/resources/interface/themes/default/texture folder . Double click on map_indicator_direction.png to make sure you are indeed seeing the green dragon. If not, then double click and view the map_indicator_direction1.png (green dragon), map_indicator_direction2.png (purple dragon) and map_indicator_direction3.png (circle with triangle) and see which one is the green dragon. The cursor you want should be named map_indicator_direction.png . You might need to restart game after changing it.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I have done all that Cegaiel and all that i get is the circle with the arrow

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I upgraded to the latest map pack after I didn't see the map moving when I was. On the latest version now of the Hi-res map but I still don't have a marker on screen for myself.
    I tried altering it to a different icon and that don't seem to work either. Other chars are now yellow dots on the map but I don't exist.

Sounds like both of you have 2 versions of the map installed now. Directly under resources_override, if you have a folder called "Interface", check inside. If all that's in there is "Maps", delete it. Some of the old icon packs might install to this path. The icon pack if you have one, needs moved to resources_override\resources\interface.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, completely empty out the resources_override folder, reinstall the newest map pack.

Did the reshuffle, it didn't work so I cleared the resources_override folder ..now I get this when I log in and no map at all. bug.jpg

seems this line from the map install instructions is wrong?
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"

There is no maps folder now at that location after extracting the new map pack to the main Istaria folder?
    Last edited by Sindala; December 11th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

Sindala, did you unzip the mappack directly into the Istaria home directory or into <istara dir>\mappack3.7_community_update_12.7.2013_<res>\?

Directly into the main Istaria folder, just like the instructions tell us to do.
    I'm at a loss I even deleted the whole resource override folder and made a new one but the zip just don't unzip the map files there as I can see.

Thread Information