Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

As promised, we have the 'no tree' Istaria Map upgrade available (revert back to retro map) in both .zip and .exe

I'm sure there might be some players not thrilled with the trees that have appeared with Delta 267. This is for you!

This upgrade would change your City/Island Map image files and Istaria world map images, back to the version that doesn't have trees (pre Delta 267).

It's available in both the standard 500x500 and high resolution 750x750 versions.

I've updated the map pack download page since the last time you've visited. It's changed significantly.

Check out Map Pack Download for the links.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I've updated my map pack (is now currently 3.7 15.02.28), and made sure the fix described in post 143 of this thread has been applied.

I am having issues where search doesn't always seem to function properly - specifically, the 'next instance' button doesn't always take you to the next instance of whatever you are searching for.

For example, assume I am on the 'Istaria' map from the drop-down list. I then search for 'Glowing'. The map will take me to a marker of a glowing wisp (in Acul, I believe, in this case), but when I hit the 'next instance' button, it doesn't move the map to any other marker containing the word 'glowing'.

This doesn't happen with all search terms, and sometimes it will move to 3-4 different markers (not just one), but not others, that I know for a fact exist in the map. For example, searching 'granite' in the map will run through all the plots markers in Granite Hills, but never go to a marker showing granite resources.

Was wondering if others were having the same issues, and if so, is there a work-around/fix?

Unfortunately, it's the method the game map searches, not map pack. Even non map pack users could potentially see this behavior with your Personal Marker (the last layer the game searches), in certain situations. The map searches from the lowest layer (button) to the highest. ie Plot marker button is at the bottom, so this is where it starts searching. The personal marker button is the highest button on the map, so this is the last layer it searches. Whatever layer a match is found in, it stops there and the repeat search button only keeps looking in the same layer.

Your example of Glowing, it's stopping at a marker, in Travel, called "278/355 Road running north to Glowing Wisps, NPC Amtoo", but doesn't continue to search in Resources. The first layer it finds a match, it doesn't continue searching in the other layers (think of layers as the buttons, Resources, Monsters, etc). I'm sure Glowing is a popular search term, so in meantime, I've deleted that marker in Travel. After next update, it would find it's first match in the Resources layer and would then find all the other "Glowing" correctly. Even after I remove that marker in travel, if there was hypothetically a monster named "Glowing Skeleton", it wouldn't find that either. Because it would find a match in resources, and not continue searching in the other layers. Hopefully it can be sorted out in the future. Thanks for pointing that out.

If you want to see what I mean, before next update and feeling bold, look in /resources_override/resources/interface/maps/istaria/map_istaria_travel.def

Remove this and save the file:
    Code:
    MAP_ELEMENT
    {
    	float WorldX = 27795
    	float WorldY = 35483
    	UI_WINDOWDEF Image
    	{
    		float W = 16
    		float H = 16
    		string Image = "map_marker_arrow_up.png"
    		string ToolTip = "278/355 Road running north to Glowing Wisps, NPC Amtoo"
    	}
    }
    You'll now see that searching for Glowing works correctly and finds them all. But it will be removed on next update regardless.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 8th, 2015 at 11:39 PM.

I spoke to soon. I just had a brainstorm and just tested my idea and it works! My idea is to add a new file to map pack folder, ie map_istaria_all.def which will contain every single marker in the game, in one file. Currently markers are seperated in different files (each button uses its own file) ie resource markers are in map_istaria_resource.def, Monsters in map_istaria_monster.def, etc.

I didn't think it would work because the game is hard coded to only allow 15 buttons on the map. Adding more buttons is out of the question. My thinking was if there is no button, then I couldn't add a new layer. But that isn't true. I can create a new layer (and put it at the bottom so it will be the first one the map searches). Since we're out of available buttons, then no button will appear for this new layer. By default the layer would be invisible (same as when a button is toggled off, markers are invisible).

Luckily the map will search layers regardless if they are invisbile or visible. So there will be a new layer, but no button for it, and no extra markers will show (which is what we want).

This change wont affect the way map pack currently works nor show any more markers than what currently shows. You'll still be able to toggle markers with the appropriate button.

It'll just be a workaround for the search issue. Since every location will be in this layer (It'll be at the bottom of the list and always searched first) then it'll be guaranteed to always find markers when using search or repeat search.

I'll have an update between later tonight or tomorrow. I need to create a function in the database export scripts for this new file.

Map Pack v15.03.09 is now available. Improved searching that is now guaranteed to find all your markers using the Map's search and repeat search buttons.

Your links are a bit strange, they're not working.

Copying link location gives me "http://a href=http://istariareference.com/istaria/mappack.asp#download"
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Thanks Cegaiel! The new files work as expected.

Pharaxes, the links didn't work for me, either, but if you just go straight to http://istariareference.com/mappack.asp you can download the new map pack. (v15.03.09)

I did, but I just wanted to let Cegaiel know about this
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Straight to download
    http://istariareference.com/mappack/...e_15.03.09.exe

or to the Map pack download section.
    http://istariareference.com/mappack.asp#download

Cegaiel just added "/istaria/" to the URL, which broke the link.

Hatchling Dragon of Chaos, following the path of Lunus___ ___DRAG 38 / DCRA 55
    Ofnir, Sslik of Chaos. WAR 14 CLRC 10 MAGE 10 SPRT 14 / OUT 10 ARM 10

Additional spawns of the Marble, Pediot, and Emerald Boss Golems at the Saratovia Islands.

Brecah at Coordinates (27150, 14970)
    Gheniem at Coordinates (28030, 15725)
    Verdeios at Coordinates (27092, 14914)

Map Pack v15.03.22 is now available. No new features to report. More information is on patch notes.

Oops, forgot to upload a file. Patch notes are now displaying.

More Additional Spawns for Bosses.

Mouf at Coordinates [27895, 22786]
    Breech at Coordinates [27675, 15529]
    Breech at Coordinates [27353, 15251]
    Balengah at Coordinates [21383, 28377]
    Zienad at Coordinates [23263, 27703]

I like to note Breech has lots of spawns. In addition the Purple Waver boss called Sermontus also spawns on the island with the Tower of Spirits too.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; March 23rd, 2015 at 11:50 PM.

Finally got Sermontus's other spawn at Coordinates [27617, 23069] on island with the Tower of Spirits.

Got em' all, Thanks.

Map Pack v15.04.13 is now available. No new features to report, just catching up on marker updates. More information is on patch notes.

Map Pack v15.04.18 is now available.

This update addresses the reduction of the memory footprint and to use the least amount possible resources, while still retaining improved search features. If there is any chance that map pack might be affecting the performance of your game, this update will help reduce that possibility. A significant increase to resources was introduced on March 9, 2015 update. This update is to reverse the majority of the increase.

There is also many updates to markers locations/names in general.

Not required, but you should uninstall the previous map pack to remove the unused files. But it doesn't really matter if you don't; the extra files *_all.def (except map_istaria_all.def) won't get loaded anyways. So you can just patch over the existing version and still get the benefits.

I'd also like to mention that if you're using any of the 750x750 map image upgrades and are having problems with performance, you might want to uninstall those as well. At least see if there are more improvements, afterwards. Those require even more resources. I can barely run the 750x750 upgrades with 4Gb Ram and 1Gb Video Ram. If your system is far less than that, then those extra upgrades aren't for you.

Map Pack v15.05.09 is now available.

While there has been many unrelated updates, this patch will concentrate on the new Community Buildings introduced on Delta 270.

You'll be able to easily find all the correct names of these Community buildings and each has a special keyword, that is searchable: Delta 270-Rebuild. So all of the new and old community buildings, that need rebuilt, will contain this keyword in the tooltip (and searchable).

Additionally, since Istaria Map uses the same database, you can see all of these markers at the same time by clicking one of the below links:

Istaria Map w/o Pads (Don't show nearby pads) or
    Istaria Map w/ Pads (Show nearby pads)

Happy Crafting!

Sorry, but I've done a significant amount of last minute changes that should have been on the 15.05.09 patch.

It might not have been clear from Delta 270-272 patch notes, but there is 38 BRAND NEW community structures that has never existed before.

Not only did Velea make all existing structures to have storage, but she also added 38 new buildings that are appropriate for the areas (areas with resources that didn't have a nearby community (imperial) machine to process the resources). We mainly relied on nearby player plots to have machines for processing).

With that said, I've changed the keywords (tooltip) to further identify these 38 new machines.

So here is how map pack displays tooltips (searchable):

All community buildings with storage added (needs built by community) will have "Delta 270-Rebuild" as stated in previous post.

Any of these community buildings that are also new, have this keyword instead "Delta 270-Rebuild-New"

Here is how you can see all the new machines that are new and did not exist before:

Istaria Map w/o Pads - NEW Machines Only
    Istaria Map w/ Pads - NEW Machines Only

The links on my previous post is still valid. The links in this post will only show the NEW structures.

---------------------
    I've re-uploaded mappack3.7_community_update_15.05.09.exe and mappack3.7_community_update_15.05.09.zip to the server.

If you have already downloaded and installed map pack today (v15.05.09) then please download again.

These changes are now included/appended/updated in the map pack patch notes.

Map Pack v15.05.19 is now available. Updates to reduce memory footprint/load time and update of Falathien Isle resource nodes. Few misc updates, as usual.

Thread Information