Thread: breaking connectivity in lair planning - so what?

Lightbulb breaking connectivity in lair planning - so what?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to plan my lair but... the message "The selected planned structure cannot be deleted because it would break connectivity" drives me crazy.

I want to see how it would be placing a T5 Hall on the bottom of the lair. But I cannot do so without building crap so it has a connection. But when I want to change the crap then, then I have to delete everything again.

Please devs: Let me build rooms who aren't connected anywhere. Just don't let me click on "Build" on such rooms. But let me plan them this way, please!

Default Re: breaking connectivity in lair planning - so what?

I'm a little confused. Breaking connectivity message shows when you delete something that makes a gap in the lair...so, i'm guess you're playing around, deleting things and replanning etc.

Personally i think breaking connectivity messages are completely fine as they are. But i do hate them when deconstructing a whole lair ((please devs add a button, with a little, "Are you sure you want to do this?" message, that will delete all built/inconstruction/planned structures within a lair, with novians back.))

what is when you want to plan your lair from bottom to top?

another example: you realize that instead of a 4way you only need a 3way or other way around. You have to delete just everything you have planned connected with it
    Last edited by Pharaxes; September 7th, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

Kida

I agree that, in the planning stage, you should be able to place structures just floating in space, without requiring a connection to anything else. The connectivity check should be done when someone hits the build button, not during planning.. if the structure has invalid connections and such, and someone hits the build button, then it should alert the user that "the structure cannot be built due to invalid connections" or something, and then the user can continue planning.

Lair planning in general was a major pain, I do wish I could suggest a better way to do it as a whole. But alas.

Just got another idea connected with the connectivity...

If we're able to plan things flying in the free space, maybe it might be also possible to move already built rooms around.

This way if one decides "I would like to add a 4-way before the Tier 5 Lair" he just can move the lair one field up without actually having to rebuild it (I know with novians it's easier but it doesn't give enough novians to actually build the room again. And on a T5 Lair 20% work to do again are still alot)

I suspect what you are asking wouldn't be possible. Methinks you would break the walkthrough part of the planner if the rooms were free floating. I would be one unhappy lairshaper if the walkthrough didn't exist. I have to 'see' how the rooms fit together before I even consider finalizing a lair plan to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I suspect what you are asking wouldn't be possible. Methinks you would break the walkthrough part of the planner if the rooms were free floating. I would be one unhappy lairshaper if the walkthrough didn't exist. I have to 'see' how the rooms fit together before I even consider finalizing a lair plan to build.
    Having the opportunity to plan more freely doesn't prevent you planning the way you always did and liked it.
    I would love to get the connectivity message as a "plan stopper" only at the build stage

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

and another stop for planning. great. at this rate I won't get my lair finished before end of 2014!

Why does the game tells me that the 4-way on the bottom would break connectivity when deleted?? The both T6 rooms share 2 entrances so they're connected. The 4-way MUST be able to be removed without breaking anything. I really hate it!

Please remove that in my opinion stupid "feature" as soon as possible. It makes people like me VERY angry when they just want to plan a lair and the game keeps telling me things which are NOT true.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Thread Information