Thread: Sprints and natures path

Default Sprints and natures path

Since I don't know where else to post this. I am curious what the reason is or was for changing Saris sprint, Sprint I and natures path as far as the name change, and linking them.

Default Re: Sprints and natures path

I assume, as far as linking goes, so no one can abuse them.
    With an innexperinced kitty, two sprints often covered half or over half of the time taken on my trips across lesser aradoth (kion to lower bridgeveiw, LBV to sslanis, kion to parsinia), and expanding onto trandalar, took half of the time about going from acul to brandon's shelf sprinting. Sprints are meant to be short bursts, not something that goes on for a while. :P

The name changes make sense.
    I mean "sprint I" always implies there's a "sprint II" and so on, and there is none. The effect also makes more sense to be sprinting. Like wise, saris sprint's new name makes sense. The only real thing i see that's out of place here is nature's path. The buff is called sprinting (like sprint's...), and for reason of distinction, i don't like two effects with the same name.
    Last edited by Azath; October 8th, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

I do not know how one could abuse the double sprint when sprint I lasted 30 seconds and saris sprint was 40 seconds and both had a 5 minute recycle time. So I still fail to see what possible reason the devs team linked the two sprints in the first place.

My only idea/opinion is to make traveling from point A to point B take longer

[QUOTE=Azath;293485]I assume, as far as linking goes, so no one can abuse them.
    Seriously.... do you mean that players have been abusing this for the past 10 years? A player had to earn the extra speed bonus by multiclassing. Just another hit at the Vets here I guess by hindering them once again. Sad

in part its a hit vs vets, multiclassing and the saris race

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Seriously.... do you mean that players have been abusing this for the past 10 years? A player had to earn the extra speed bonus by multiclassing. Just another hit at the Vets here I guess by hindering them once again. Sad
    I do say assume ;p
    My kitty is at this time, inexperienced, thus, hasn't gone over most of the main attunement runs and such. I'm not the best source to tell anyone whether it can be what i perceive as abused.
    *apologises*

But i do know, you can gain at least 1 minute of sprint time as a saris from lv0 (which i personally see as wrong. As you said -- A player had to earn the extra speed bonus by multiclassing. -- the 1 minute of sprint time a saris gets at lv0 doesn't seem right to me)
    And near 2 minutes if my memory is correct from sprint/nature's path. Still seems a while to me. But i can cleary see the downside!

Normal sprint lasts 20 seconds with a +40 speed boost, saris sprint lasts 30 seconds with a +40 boost. Nature's path lasts 1 minute with +25 speed boost. All have a 5 minute cooldown. Total, one can sprint for 50 seconds, 1 minute 50 seconds if you count nature's path (which gives a little more than half of the speed boost sprint/saris sprint do).

Sprints are meant to be short bursts, not something that goes on for a while. :P
    20 seconds out of 5 minutes is pretty short, in my opinion, and 30 seconds seems just about right for an extra sprint as a racial ability.

But i do know, you can gain at least 1 minute of sprint time as a saris from lv0 (which i personally see as wrong. As you said -- A player had to earn the extra speed bonus by multiclassing. -- the 1 minute of sprint time a saris gets at lv0 doesn't seem right to me)
    It could be just me, but I think that an extra sprinting ability is one of the lesser racial abilities out of all the abilities races get. With terrible gear for it (admittedly at lv100) my dryad gets ~1700 phys evasion and 2k+ mevasion for 30 seconds. I believe a Ssilk can regenerate 70% of their health, and a dwarf (correct me if I'm wrong here) can take little to no damage from melee attacks as their racial?

It suppose it does depend on whether or not you prefer adventuring over crafting, but I think messing with the sprints was uncalled for. How game breaking can moving quickly be? *crosses talons and hopes that the skills are unlinked*

Sprint 1 lasts 30 seconds and saris sprint is 40 seconds.

The current natures path lasts for 1 minutes and recycles in 2 minutes.

the sprints however take 5 minutes to recycle each

Hey Azath its all cool...I am kinda ticked off with these changes and when you said "abused" I had to bite I have a human character ingame and only have Nature path as extra speed bonus.

• Renamed character ability "Sprint 1" to "Sprint", renamed the buff "Sprint 1" to "Sprinting" and lowered the ability recycle rate to 180 seconds.
    • Sprint and Exceptional Sprint now share a 50% recycle timer.
    • Racial ability "Saris Sprint" is now known as "Exceptional Sprint", recycles every 180 seconds, and the buff is known as "Exceptional Sprinting".
    • Nature's Path buff is now known as "Sprinting". Nature's Path ability now shares a recycle timer (25%) with other Sprint abilities, but recycles every 180 seconds. Nature's Path buff lasts 90 seconds (up from 60).
    These are the changes, the recycle timers get lowered from 600 seconds (5 min) to 180 sec (3 min), share a 50% and Nature's Path a 25% timer - and nature's path now even lasts 90 seconds, the recycling time is longer with 180 seconds. I think it's not that bad at all :P
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    These are the changes, the recycle timers get lowered from 600 seconds (5 min) to 180 sec (3 min), share a 50% and Nature's Path a 25% timer - and nature's path now even lasts 90 seconds, the recycling time is longer with 180 seconds. I think it's not that bad at all :P
    i believe you mean 300 seconds (5 minutes). 600 = 10. but for 10 years it's been fine as stated, and now the change.. what's up with all these unnecessary changes

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    i believe you mean 300 seconds (5 minutes). 600 = 10. but for 10 years it's been fine as stated, and now the change.. what's up with all these unnecessary changes
    That's the million dollar question. :P

Why do most of these changes happen? Got nothing other than busy work.
    rip

if you want to find out why just read posts on talk to team : abilities with long recycle times .. we can blame ourselves for this change or the players that complained about sprint , saris sprint and natures path

This is the age old answer to most of our issues . we are asked what can be changed and then we start : why can bipeds do this ?, why does dragons get this ?, why can multiclasser get abilities better than my natural abilities ?
    Last edited by terrox; October 26th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

I don't like that I cannot use sprint and nature's path simultaneously anymore, but I suspect the issue had to do with the way the game loads each frame as you move. I know that once in a while when I was running full speed and the game was a little choppy on my computer, pausing did smooth it out a bit for me. I cannot say that happened consistently at all, though. Maybe it really is just the penalty we get for shorter recycle times.

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    if you want to find out why just read posts on talk to team : abilities with long recycle times .. we can blame ourselves for this change or the players that complained about sprint , saris sprint and natures path

This is the age old answer to most of our issues . we are asked what can be changed and then we start : why can bipeds do this ?, why does dragons get this ?, why can multiclasser get abilities better than my natural abilities ?
    People did complain and question. These types of changes have happened again and again.
    rip

Thread Information