Thread: Shared vault space?

Default Shared vault space?

Once upon a time... Pre-merge... I recall a few vault spots "under" the main vault slots that were shared. Wasn't much space, just enough to swap gear between characters. I don't see this now. Is it possible to get it back?

Default Re: Shared vault space?

uh... I remember that from Everquest 2, but not from Hori... eh Istaria. And I'm there for 6 years now
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Sorry, Yidar, but you are definitely thinking of a different game for shared vault. Its not something Horizons/Istaria has ever had.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

It depends which server board I think is which.

It's a pretty cool idea though. We have shared notepad space and while that's probably just saved in a ui file, is it possible to implement something like that for the vault?

It would be nice to have some way to swap items between characters... Many games have mail service. I would have bet money that Horizons 9.5 years ago had a shared area... Odd. Maybe I am confusing the ability to have bags within the vault with a shared area. *shrugs in apology and confusion*

No, Horizons has never had a shared "Vault".

Player housing can perform that function though. (Except for attuned items, which cannot be traded between players or put in houses.)

If you join a guild, usually the main Guildhouse is set to allow all guildmembers access. You can put items in there, log out, then login your other character and go pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    It's a pretty cool idea though. We have shared notepad space and while that's probably just saved in a ui file, is it possible to implement something like that for the vault?
    it's called UINotepad.def. But how is that shareable?
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

It depends which server board I think is which.

We have a universal notepad and a character-specific one. One has notes that go across all characters, and one only for that one char. Hence why I said it's probably just saved in a file, but was still asking if it's possible to have shared vault space. :P

It would be a nice feature for those that have one subscription and no plot, I think at most it would help new players to swap items between multiple characters on the same account.
    In some other mmo's I've played there are given some vault slots (10-15) that are shared for the whole account to be able to swap items from one to the other character, for Istaria it needs to be in a way that attuned items can't be placed into those slots.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thread Information