Thread: Make Fall Decorations and 'Fluff' Toggle options like CLutter.

Default Make Fall Decorations and 'Fluff' Toggle options like CLutter.

Greetings Folks,

Here's a suggestion from Grogo on Chaos that I think is an excellent idea. Why not make the 'fluff' like seasonal decorations, trees,fencesand such toggleable options? I know that some of those items are structural, perhaps restricting pedestrian flow, but they seem to be taking a LOT of resources that are not being unloaded.

An example count, Ambuto, 400 items, like 90 of them are decorative, 45 trees, and a bunch of them scaffolding. Now if you go to some of the other towns it's MUCH MUCH worse in fluff/building ratio. I LOVE landscaping, but there are times I would like to just buckle down and get something done.

Why not make this stuff optional for those on slower computers? It will cut down on the lag, the memory usage, and slow the unfreed memory growth.

As a construction crafter, constant porting is a way of life. 3 ports for a trip of materials is not unusual. Some of my friends crash out at 12 ports, and you can set your clock by them. Mine doesn't crash but gets worse and worse. I had a 2.8 GIG page file in addition to the 1gig of ram I have in my machine after a few hours... Think about that....

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Default Re: Make Fall Decorations and 'Fluff' Toggle options like CLutter.

I like it! I know many people that have rejected stuff like this BEACAUSE of the LAG, and this could fix that probleem "sort of" and you could have a better looking plot. :)
    Istaria shall soon become overwellmed by the Undead hordes! Phinius

Default Re: Make Fall Decorations and 'Fluff' Toggle options like CLutter.

I have to strongly agree that they should do something about it. I worry how much worse it might be when furniture was added. I had a horrible case of this a week or so ago when visiting Falathien on Order where apparently someone thought it would be a good idea to cover their plot in pumpkins...

I'm sure they look nice, if I dared to look in that direction. All I can say though is that when I ported in and got the loading screen saying it was waiting to load over 1000 structures, I was a bit pissed. I at least have a cable modem, which was still a long wait for that all to load. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone with dial-up.

...or maybe give us the option to smash pumpkins...
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Thread Information