Thread: Epic Mob drops - chance to get junk

Default Epic Mob drops - chance to get junk

I couldn't find the previous thread of this, so...*tosses idea out*

At the very least - if there's a chance for an epic mob to drop nothing, I think it would be quite fair for there to be a chance to drop nothing that was equal to the % chance of the epic mob dropping nothing but hoard and some forms.

Default Re: Epic Mob drops - chance to get junk

Me and my typos....Sorry! I meant that if there was a chance to drop nothing, it would be nice if there was a chance for the mob to drop two epic items as well - with the chance for two epic items equal to the chance to get nothing.

Oooh that makes more sense than your previous post

Epic mobs have 0 chance of dropping nothing. They do, however, have regular non-epic loot in their tables that they can drop. This whole issue is under reconsideration - see this thread: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...e-Collectibles
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Just to make it clear:

Reklar e.g. regulary drops NOTHING,
    again: no junk no pieces- NOTHING.

Last time twice a day- not 3 weeks ago.

Cant remember the other- Alisto- any fresh experiences?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Found the issue. We do have a loot table named "NOTHING" that we assign to many monsters. Epic mobs, however, do not use this table. However, turns out that some T6 monsters were given the T6 Common Techniques table, which of course contains nothing since there are no T6 techs available. We're looking into solutions.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Found the issue. We do have a loot table named "NOTHING" that we assign to many monsters. Epic mobs, however, do not use this table. However, turns out that some T6 monsters were given the T6 Common Techniques table, which of course contains nothing since there are no T6 techs available. We're looking into solutions.
    Thank you Amon. Would it be too much to ask if you could please also look into the drop rates of Reklar and see if they are correct or to check if Reklar's Tail Scale Piece 3 is listed in the loot table of that epic and is correctly dropping?

I know very little about the drop rates or how they are determined, but something just seems odd as we were killing Reklar for an average of two to three times a day over a four month period and never did see Tail Scale Piece 3 drop once in that time frame. We ran into Sash piece 4 only once in that span of time. Are these pieces supposed to be this difficult to get?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Looking for Reklar tail scale piece 3--since 8 years now.
    I sign too what Arzel says about Sash 4
    ( we are not part of the same hunting groups)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Can't remember the other- Alisto- any fresh experiences?
    I have not once seen him drop truly nothing - as in no junk or epic item. I do recall getting no epic piece twice in a row some times. Might've even reached no epic piece dropping 3 times in a row.

Epic mobs have 0 chance of dropping nothing.
    Sorry! I meant that if there was a chance to drop nothing, it would be nice if there was a chance for the mob to drop two epic items as well
    Referring to the chance to drop no epic piece - small lack of clarity on my part, though. I consider getting only junk loot nothing because really, if I wanted some spirit shards or hoard, I'd go kill something that has around 3% the health of Reklar and deals almost zero damage to me. I don't know anyone that kills Reklar for the hoard pieces or shards.

Thread Information