Thread: Anniversary Property slot?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Anniversary Property slot?

Ok, the more I read this the more i'm confusing myself.

-All accounts during the month of December will be given an additional Property Slot.
    -A special note about this Property Slot. This free slot can be used during the month of December only. In order to keep the plot after December, you will have to add a Property Holder Access or Subscription in January. The Property Slot will only extend until January 9th, 2014.

Probably reading to much into it but does that mean if I already have a property access account then I get to keep the 2nd Plot? Or do I have to add another property access sub to keep the 2nd Plot?

It's nice and all to have a 2nd plot but I don't really see the point if it's only for a month, most Plots take far longer than a month to build or even save for to purchase ingame?
    I still think just giving us a 2nd plot for a small (one of the many 40x40 or lower) Plot around Istaria would atleaste use some of these derelict housing areas that will remain forever empty otherwise.
    Call it a Holliday Home Plot.

Default Re: Anniversary Property slot?

Sind- you make me crazy- what are you talking about????

I support your idea for a second , very smal "free" plot (not free -but as a reward for whatsoever- not only for vets)
    - just to make Istaria more beautiful- or for machines or silos etc.
    I agree, that those will never been sold in the next year(s) .
    If we ever should have a higher demand on plots than are free- VI can "Buy" them back- that must be clear from the beginning.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm with Sindala and Lovwyrm: since I'm already a plot-holder - with one whole corridor finished in my lair - if I have to purchase a second plot-holder subscription, I really don't see the point of the "free" slot. On the other hand, if we were able to get and keep a small plot, I'd certainly build up my Sslik alt to the point where he could build on it. Or, to be more accurate, I'd at least *think* about building on it....lol....
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

With an extra plot slot, the idea is that:
    - Players who normally play with Basic Access can see what it's like to have a plot
    - Really encourage crafting during the Anniversary month - with so many plots under construction, there should be lots of building projects
    - Players with one plot can see what's possible with a second plot (for most, this is very minor)

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Ahh ok, that makes sense. Thanks Yfelvik for clearing that up.

Still think the small 'holliday home' idea has merit though

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    With an extra plot slot, the idea is that:
    - Players who normally play with Basic Access can see what it's like to have a plot
    - Really encourage crafting during the Anniversary month - with so many plots under construction, there should be lots of building projects
    - Players with one plot can see what's possible with a second plot (for most, this is very minor)
    This ^
    Although personally, the extra plot slot is of no use to me, at all, it will be useful for this.
    (though...i may get one just because i think i'm of a minority in istaria who likes planning plots )
    I think players might enjoy a chance to get a plot; even for a small while, they're certainly worth their sub!
    (who knows, it could even make new players want to stay?)

I`m with Sind, and Lov on that one. as a fellow property sub holder, I don`t realy see the point owning another plot for just 1 month. epsecialy during the most RL time demanding time when I won`t be on enough to even realy get a chance to build on it in the first place. But having the option to a small secondary "free" plot would be nice. maybe even make a small decorative plot to make a community look nicer

would it be possible to extend the duration of the second plot to more than a single month? I think if players had more time to invest in their first or second plot they could see how it benefits them and it would give them more of a reason to upgrade their subscription or atleast make it easier to make the choice in upgrading or not.

Eve Online had a special anniversary deal that let you get a second account for free for 6 months. Before that deal i had never concidered a second account but once i started using one and invested the time in a second account i realized the benefit to it and ended up having 2 paying subscriptions.

I am in a similar situation in Istaria, i am returning player that invested a large amount of time in my bipeds. When i returned i bought my plot and have slowly been working on it. Lately i have been really enjoying my dragon character and i have been more curious about lairs.

While i would glady use the free plot time to look into lairs i think it is too short of a time for me to really explore how lairs work, even if i could find one during this free time i am not sure i could afford it.

Thread Information