Thread: Awesomeness

Default Awesomeness

Made my journey into the Rift yesterday, and it was EPIC! Ancients Azath and Sigvard helped me with the Guardians, and the Ancient Zarkela joined the fun as we got to Elial. We couldn't find another Ancient to come along and were going to postpone the combat...one Adult and three Ancients didn't sound like quite enough fire-power. But, then, we decided to give it a try, figuring the worst that could happen would be a Death Point for each of us

Under Azath's steady leadership, and, much to our amazement, the four of us defeated the mighty Elial, and I wrested the Riftbender from his dead hands...although, I did die in the process.....

Many thanks to these three friends and keir Eilerten...not only for the combat assistance, but, for the fun and hilarity of the entire journey.

Now, if I can just get the possibly-bugged ARoP to continue (ARoP25 shows as completed, but, ARoP26 was never given to me...and, yes, a ticket was submitted), I look forward to ascending to big-butt status...at some point....I hope....
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Default Re: Awesomeness

We'll be honoured to have you join the big butt club, "elder" tondar ;P

You have had great trianing leading up to this-
    You're a wrothy apprentice in the ways of smushing
    You've practiced your sleeping drills!
    Even beginning on the forgetfullness!!!

Oh yeah and the combat too, you're good at hitting hard aswell!...of course.

Awww! sorry I missed it, I would have happily brought Reagle along for the fun. plus you know you can technically kill the Eliel on PoS too now right? I think they did that so biped healers could join, and heal/res.

I've merely followed the great examples set by my Elders, Azzy...

Feel like I'm almost in 'limbo' right now, with this ARoP bug delaying things...at the same time, I know it'll get fixed, one way or the other...just hope I don't have to repeat any steps....not sure we'd have the same success with Elial!

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    We'll be honoured to have you join the big butt club, "elder" tondar ;P

You have had great trianing leading up to this-
    You're a wrothy apprentice in the ways of smushing
    You've practiced your sleeping drills!
    Even beginning on the forgetfullness!!!

Oh yeah and the combat too, you're good at hitting hard aswell!...of course.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

You would have been welcomed!

And, yes, I've heard of several parties going after Elial on the PoS...haven't participated in one yet, but, that may soon change!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    Awww! sorry I missed it, I would have happily brought Reagle along for the fun. plus you know you can technically kill the Eliel on PoS too now right? I think they did that so biped healers could join, and heal/res.

sucks about the bug! hope they get it fixed soon. as two of my dragons will soon be on their way to ARoP as well O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    or to make something like ARoP easier and more boring again
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Granted my knowledge of the Arop story/lore is limited. If Elial was "trapped or stuck in the rift" then in my opinion that's where that npc needs to stay. out of reach of any direct biped help. Only exception would be if something bugged andthat quest step for elial required devs help to force spawn elial outside the rift for dragon to complete that step

Elial at PoS counts for ARoP?
    I did not know that.
    That is bad:-(
    That takes away a lot of the magic and challenge.
    It has to be changed!! But I still do not believe that..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    That takes away a lot of the magic and challenge.
    You know, what takes away magic and challenge? When for RoP you DON'T have to run through the Deadlands anymore, that you DON'T have to be afraid of death attacks from Shadow Dragon anymore (for Lunus)...
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

I know Elial can be attacked (and, presumably killed) on the road to the PoS, although I have no clue if doing so during ARoP would count; personally, I'd hope that's not the case, as the ARoP just "feels" like it should be a dragon-only process.

Regarding any loss of the "magic" or "challenge" of the ARoP, obviously I can't speak to that, since I wasn't here then. But, speaking ONLY for newer players (i.e., those going through these rites for the very first time), I think much depends on the player/dragon. Some simply rush through RoP so they can fly, with no real thought to what they're doing. Others seek out as much of the lore as they can, through these and other forum and sources, and, perhaps even more importantly, by talking to their Elders.

Speaking personally, my RoP and ARoP were incredible experiences, because of the adult and ancient dragons who've been kind enough to help and offer advice...and, in the case of the ARoP, several bipeds who have willingly assisted in those parts that a dragon cannot do.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    Only exception would be if something bugged andthat quest step for elial required devs help to force spawn elial outside the rift for dragon to complete that step
    This is why elial on PoS counts...
    A good thing is, elial is actually easier in rift if you're attentive enough to time his spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    You know, what takes away magic and challenge? When for RoP you DON'T have to run through the Deadlands anymore, that you DON'T have to be afraid of death attacks from Shadow Dragon anymore (for Lunus)...
    Personally, after many adult dragons it's easier for me to get a high level hatchies beacuse the rites are just far too boring, just some fuss to go through if i e.g. want dragon breaths.
    I love the sound of the old rites! They give us some challenge not just "come here, kill that, take these, go make that."

oh and Shadow Dragon has no minions anymore. No wonder people can solo him without a phylactery...

I agree Pahr,
    this all indeed is a loss.
    For the players and the game.
    Makes hardly sense to me.
    Makes no sense to complain either- I doubt if it ever will be changed to what it was.
    and so we are again a bit closer to WoW --huzzaahh
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

the elieal on peak of storms counts toward a quest in ancient rop? the same step that normally needs the one in the rift? of so then the one at the Peak of Storms one needs to either removed or made so it does not count

Thread Information