Thread: Guild Plots

Vito

Default Guild Plots

How does a GM recover a guild plot from a player that has cancelled their account and forgot to return it before doing so?

Default Re: Guild Plots

I have that same question Vito.

It appears that other too and beginning to have the same problem.

Would a DEV please let us know what the answer is?
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Vito

Maybe today is a better day to ask this? *Bump*

If I remember rightly from the plot threads on dear departed Tazoon, once a guild subplot has been purchased (or remains for sale beyond the initial 30-day period after the guildhall is completed) it is treated like any other plot. That is, it can be sold to anyone regardless of guild status and if repossessed will go up for sale at Imperial pricing.

Obviously, this is not a good thing and I do hope that Amon or one of the other WM's will permit guildmasters to have first shot at recovering guild subplots purchased under now-canceled accounts.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Vito

I remember this discussion as well Tantalyr. Further, I believe it was left as "we will look into it and get back to you". Now comes a time post merger when it starts to matter how this issue is addressed.

No, the actual subplots can be sold just like any other plot but only to someone in the same guild as the owner of the master plot.

Onkyo

Yup. great question.

Keep in mind if they treat that plot like any other, then when it falls back to the 'Community Manager' when repo'd, the structures on it would be destroyed. That would majorly suck for guilds with a T5 house and tons of machines on it. It would be excellent if it RETAINED the existing structures. I don't know how you could ensure someone from that guild became owners, since the repo script would not know if any of the other members are still active or not (possible dead guild). Interesting programming problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    No, the actual subplots can be sold just like any other plot but only to someone in the same guild as the owner of the master plot.
    Senk, I thought that was a request/suggestion that the devs said they would "look into" but never announced implementation.

I could be wrong as I'm going strictly from memory since there's no way to access the Tazoon plot thread now alas.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

If I remember rightly the conversation finished along the lines of .....

A subplot can only be purchased by someone in the same guild as the Main plot owner. Once a subplot owner buys a plot its his in the same way as any other plot belongs to the player. He is then free to leave the guild, but keep his plot, however he cant sell it to anyone else unless they are in the same guild as the main plot owner.

If the main plot owner should happen to leave the guild or sell the main plot to another person in another guild then all the current sub plot owners keep there subplots, as they are owners in the same way as elsewhere, but any future purchases could only be made by members of the new main plot guild.

However, ifI read it right, this doesnt answer your question [:P] . I guess you have to wait untill the plot is repossessed by the community at which point any person of the same guild as the main plot owner can then repurchase it.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Aeryal

I can't believe you haven't gotten a definative answer on this dilemma:( I know 'holiday presents" that might show up for Valentine's day and work as inteneded in 2006 are a priority, but at least they could say something. Like maybe,"geeez we didn't think that far ahead".

Look in the thread titled " guild plots and inactive accounts" you will find a definitive answer.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Thread Information