Thread: Rehash - Race change!

Default Rehash - Race change!

So, I'm pretty much maxed out on my Human as it is. He was originally a trial character, and then my account got expanded when I was able to retrieve my old Horizons info. Anyway, is there any chance of a racial change or character creation redo in the foreseeable future? I'm really wanting a Dwarf, but not going to invest the time into another 278/234. I mean, had I known I was able to retrieve my original account information, I probably would have went with my original Dwarf char, instead of remaking him Human as I did on my trial period. Was too far along at that point to abandon the Human.

Listos: ETA on character "recreation"
    Incentive: Paid service similar to name change; revenue
    rip

Default Re: Rehash - Race change!

To change skin color, hair color and such after char creation would be a nice option. But a race change is a NO GO for me. We have all paid our accounts for month and years and giving a free-to-play account the chance to change the race from human to something else for a small amount of coin is not a option for me and I hope for Virtrium too.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

The account would no longer be free-to-play with the change. I suppose the argument could be made that they level themselves for free as Human then change later, thereby circumventing paying the subscription it would have otherwise cost had they rolled a non-Human race to begin with. If that was the concern, make the fee scale to the amount of days the character is, to calculate the amount of months owed.

If "veterans" feel they are at an extreme loss or that this method is advantageous besides the "time" invested, I'd be interested in hearing it. There are plenty of people whom I see have converted from free accounts that have developed their character heavily. Should I be penalized since I happen to come back to the game on a F2P account not knowing I could retrieve my original account, yet in the end, I now have multiple subscriptions probably having paid more than some with a single account for years?

Being concerned that you no longer would stand out as the player of an uncommon race is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Dracillion; December 29th, 2013 at 09:47 AM.
    rip

I like this idea. More customization and an option for Virtrium to make a little more? Both sides win. The coding finesse involved may be a different question.

As for Terao's point, I see what you mean too. Letting someone level a character for free as a human for a year, then switching to the race they want and then getting a sub would be kinda cheating the system. Maybe make a F2P account be unable to do the character creation change for the Human character? Or like Dracillion said they could possibly scale cost.
    Lunus Ancient Dragon - 100 Adv. 100 Craft. 100 Lair. 49 CrystalShaper
    Feel free to add me on Facebook: [email protected]

I am not in any competition with anyone so I'd support this if it creates a revenue stream greater than the cost of the implementation of it. I don't think the game should get less development while this is being implemented unless it is cost positive.

To me whether the time was invested on a FTP or a paid sub the time is still invested. I have been here since three months after launch and don't have a maxed toon and seldom even play alts. If some guy that has pumped the massive time involved into getting a maxed adventure and craft toon (even on a FTP)? Is willing to pay fifty bucks and then pay a sub to get a racial ability on his his human? Have at it I say. If it meets the above first listed criteria.

If its possible with the code i don't see why not. Although perhaps some kind scaling fee should be required. Although my personal opinion is with teto.. he put the time in hes earned the levels why should it matter as long as he pays for a sub now.

Its not like him being a human or a dwarf really effects my game in in anyway... i prefer hummies anyway

If revenues > cost to implement,
    then chance of game surviving increases.
    This makes for happy subscribers?

This also adds to the subscriber base (since if they stay human, why bother subscribing unless you're buying a plot?)...

And as Teto says, it's not a competition - more players is a good thing as long as they're not a$$hats.

Yildar (human and staying that way!) - come visit Yildar's Folly in Guild:Madaba

Quote Originally Posted by Yildar View Post
    If revenues > cost to implement,
    then chance of game surviving increases.
    This makes for happy subscribers?

And as Teto says, it's not a competition - more players is a good thing as long as they're not a$$hats.
    Lol i couldn't have said it better myself. (Especially the last part)

Thread Information