Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to the Team: Epic Loot (Implemented)

Hybrid View

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Epic Loot

Is it 'one' drop of tokens per boss kill that need to be randomed and shared?, or is it an amount of tokens to each player per boss kill automatically?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Is it 'one' drop of tokens per boss kill that need to be randomed and shared?, or is it an amount of tokens to each player per boss kill automatically?
    There is no system for group loot in Istaria so it would be one "batch" of tokens per kill. Split them however you like. Entertaining the daily quest idea as a way to acquire a few more individually as well.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I read all about this new idea and I just think.....what's the point?
    Just add them to the Vet Reward window.
    It's not like they are needed or will even be hunted by most. I know I don't own one 'Epic piece' on my Dragon and it's not stopped me from hunting everything in-game effectively.

It's fluff but it's far from being important fluff.

This game survives because of the crafting. End of.
    Give some love to the crafters, new style of tools, new plot structures (not like the pointless Barn thou) T6 craft suits?

Yes, I hunt but I also craft now and know where my time is spent now. Do you think crafters all enjoy looking the same in there Ironsilk cargo outfits all holding the same tool?

The point i'm making is Epic loot is good if it gets some of the spell effects and items that were once claimed to be lost back in the game but I know a lot of people that don't even own a char with more than 1 Adventure school on it, let alone think about 'End game' hunting. They spend everyday crafting plots or Items for these 'Hunters' so I think it's about time they got some love rather that the 10 or so players that actually hunt Epic bosses ;)

The new items can be put in as Vet rewards, job done. No time wasted on 'ideas' and that time can be spent on keeping crafters happy for once.....like a craftbook that actually holds all the forms without attempting to crash the game when opening it ect..
    Many idea's for crafting are on the forums recently and I don't think one has been answered even thou as we all know Crafters pay the wages ;)

I get the point Sind-

And do agree with you here and there.
    But again- I could imagine, that both is possible, cause both would need different ressources- means different devs.
    Anyway- I would not mind if crafters will get some love first.
    But this is not what this thread is about.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Any word on when epic items themselves will receive some love? Reklar's tail scale isn't even good in a specific situation anymore. Before, it was a decent choice between a t5 power/focus scale and the tail scale. Now it's not.
    Last edited by Alisto; May 22nd, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Any word on when epic items themselves will receive some love? Reklar's tail scale isn't even good in a specific situation anymore. Before, it was a decent choice between a t5 power/focus scale and the tail scale. Now it's not.
    *Shameless bump*

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    I read all about this new idea and I just think.....what's the point?
    Just add them to the Vet Reward window.
    It's not like they are needed or will even be hunted by most. I know I don't own one 'Epic piece' on my Dragon and it's not stopped me from hunting everything in-game effectively.

It's fluff but it's far from being important fluff.
    Lov pointed out that loot needs to be better, and Alisto improved on that saying we need a loot system that works first. (i mean, i want a tail scale but for any if at all improvements to be useful to it, people need to actually have the loot to get one first.)

If epic loot was good people might consider it "needed" but first, we need a system that works.

And FYI - on order at least, i know many who leap at the chance of epic hunts - some, just to hunt, but most for the epic loot. If used right, some of the loot can be used effectively - only some though, like i see people hunt valkor but not for the staff. If it was all effective/usefull...then i cycle around to neeidng a new system!

The system sounds like it would work Amon; however I would just like to bring up a point. Do you think it would be a good idea to make the tokens Tiered? Then you could catorgorize the difficulty of the "so called epics" into Tiers. The tiered token would only be able to buy Tiered items within that tier. Valkor T6 (drops Tier 6 token), Surthium (drops Tier 5 token), Shiar (drops Tier 4 token) ect...

This would give some of the lower level players a chance at some things that maybe might not be as good as a mace of divine intervention or a demon blood battle axe but better than anything player made for that level.
    Thank you,
    -Kor

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    The system sounds like it would work Amon; however I would just like to bring up a point. Do you think it would be a good idea to make the tokens Tiered? Then you could catorgorize the difficulty of the "so called epics" into Tiers. The tiered token would only be able to buy Tiered items within that tier. Valkor T6 (drops Tier 6 token), Surthium (drops Tier 5 token), Shiar (drops Tier 4 token) ect...

This would give some of the lower level players a chance at some things that maybe might not be as good as a mace of divine intervention or a demon blood battle axe but better than anything player made for that level.
    Thank you,
    -Kor
    No, actually, I don't. I think something of this sort would be better handled by a similar, but separate system that involved "bosses" and named mobs at lower levels. This system, however, is entirely intended to focus on the Epics themselves. Valkor, SoG, Daknor, Fafnir, etc.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So...will there be universal token for all bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    So...will there be universal token for all bosses?
    No, we're not going that route. We're implementing a system by which items that are boss-specific require a generic component that is unique to each boss. So, a Valkor component, Reklar component, etc.

Just out of curiosity, about when will we be seeing this on blight? I don't know about anyone else but I'd definitely be eager to test this out!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information