Thread: Sometimes unable to Alt-Tab from or back into Istaria

Question Sometimes unable to Alt-Tab from or back into Istaria

Hello,

Since I've started playing again, I've been experiencing a bug that is getting really annoying. Here's how it happens:

1. I am playing the game on fullscreen mode, and I decide to Alt-Tab out of Istaria to do something on my desktop.
    2. When I press Alt-tab, there is a 50% chance that everything is fine and that I can see my desktop, but there is also a chance that my screen turns black, and elements from both Istaria's interface and my own desktop flash repeatedly.
    3. At this point, pressing Windows-D(show desktop) does not work. Ctrl-Alt-Del does act normally, but if I open the task manager, it simply goes back to the issue in 2.
    4. I need to hold Alt-F4 for a few seconds until it closes everything.

Sometimes, I am able to Alt-Tab out of Istaria with no problem. However, when I want to go back to Istaria again, there is again a 50% chance that everything works, but the other 50% of the time, the entire game screen is black except for the game interface(HUD) which displays fine.

This only happens in fullscreen mode.

My specs:
    Windows 7 64-bit OS
    Intel 3570K processor
    Nvidia GTX 770 graphics

I am Parr.

Default Re: Sometimes unable to Alt-Tab from or back into Istaria

This is a known issue. Best suggestion is to play in windowed mode but maximize the game to full screen.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

And don't forget to click the maximize button (middle button between the - minimize button and the X on top right corner) else the text in chat will be squished together and hard to read (in window mode). Still have to click that even if you manually drag the window to fill up the entire screen.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I never play in full screen. far too hard on the computer. I suggest windowed mode, and just maximize the window. Easier to get to your desktop if you`re planning on multitasking as well.

Thread Information